Top Swimsuits for Spring Break 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Spring Break is less than two weeks away, which means flip-flips, the beach and swimsuits have to be on your mind. Our team wanted to compile a list of our favorite and must-have swimsuits for 2015 to make it easier for your busy mind when it comes to picking the hottest new suit for you.

For this year’s Spring Break must-have swimwear list, our team headed over to Orchid Boutique, the best designer swimwear website there is (seriously, they’re the best!). Orchid Boutique has swimwear stylists that carefully decide on the brands they add to their selection to make sure that they only offere an elite group of designer swimwear looks. They have hundreds of suits to choose from in any style and color and also offer a wide variety of accessories like beach turbans, jewelry, and even shoes

The best part about Orchid Boutique? Their offering all of our readers 15% off anything from now until March 20th! Just use the coupon code UofIowaBreak at checkout. In the meantime, here are our favorite picks to get you started!  

Shave Ice Panama Bikini, Acacia Swimwear

“I like this suit because of the design around the collar bone. It gives it a unique look, (and tan!).” Emily Scott, senior

Blake Petal Reed Underwire Bikini, Orchid Label

This bikini is my favorite, because I can avoid awkward tanlines with the bandeau top. Plus, it’s an underwire, so it won’t slip off easily.” Amy Luong, freshman

Flora Underwire Bikini, Mongola

“I like this bikini because the top is longer and covers more of my stomach and it’s a fun floral pattern.” Jessica Frye, senior

Goddess Boyleg Maillot Black One-Piece, Seafolly Swimwear

This suit is my favorite because it is simple and has a retro look. I like that it’s a halter top, because it looks like it would give good support.” Julia Hoyt, sophomore

Coral Reef One-Piece, Trina Turk

“I love one-piece swimsuits for the summer like this one. Like Emma Watson said, ‘My idea of sexy is that less is more. The less you reveal, the more people can wonder.’ On top of that, this suit has bust support and a criss-cross back, which makes it super comfy.” Sarah Nelson, freshman

Ursula High Waisted Bikini, Vitamin

“This is my favorite swimsuit, because it’s a classic black bikini with a twist! The sheer material that makes it high-waisted seems like it would be very flattering on all body types and there seems to be good coverage on top as well.” Tarah DeSousa, junior

Chloe Royal Wrap Bikini, L*Space Swimwear

“I really like this swimsuit because it’s very unique. I love the Aztec print on the bottom, as well as it being a hipster style. The bottom is also reversible, and I love being able to switch up my style whenever I want to.” Rachel Green, freshman

Block Party Retro Maillot One-Piece, Seafolly Swimwear

This suit is the classy ‘little black dress’ of women’s swimsuits. The sleek look paired with the white trim gives curvy women the perfect accent to their shape. It is a great option for those of us who like to feel sexy, but don’t want to expose very much skin on the beach.” Julia-Kaye Rohlf, junior

Sienna Poppy Brazilian Two-Piece, Orchid Label

“I like this one because the top is patterened, floral and slimming. You could almost wear it as a crop top, too!” Hannah Frey, freshman

Orchid Boutique offers same-day shipping, so get your new suit now before Spring Break is here!

She is a senior at the University of Iowa majoring in Journalism with a minor in English. On top of being a campus correspondent for Her Campus, Adrian is also a brand ambassador for Quad, a communications intern for Pearson and the marketing director of Iowa's Ed On Campus chapter. When she isn't rereading Harry Potter for the hundredth time, Adrian is playing with her English Bulldog, Stella, or looking at pictures of French Bulldogs on Pinterest. She hopes to someday move into a bigger apartment that can accommodate many pets, write the next greatest novel that will take the world by storm, and be a contributing editor or EIC of a major publication or publishing house.