diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Spring Into Spring: Finding Time Outdoors

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Ever find yourself looking out of the window longingly, while you write that ten-page paper you put off? Do you ever get overwhelmed by the incredible whiff of spring flowers you smell on your rush to class? Wish you could be that student who lays in the grass wasting the days away in the sun? You still can! Believe it or not, you can still be busy, driven and get your outdoors on this spring with the right tips and tricks! Here’s just a few to get you started.

1. Relocate

If you are as busy as I think you are, you don’t have time to carve out over an hour a day to lay out in the grass on campus the way you want to, since those office hours aren’t going to go to themselves. However, there is a way you can do both school and sit in the sun. Like multitasking, you can do both: simply relocate. When you study, instead of going to the library, go sit and study on the grass under the sun. To make it even more convenient, find a spot near your usual study area, and take advantage of those nice spring days.

2. Play hipster

We all know those kids, the ones with the type writers and man-buns who are very existential. Being hipster has its flaws, but one thing you can learn from a typical hipster is their love for nature, and their creativity that comes to them when being in nature. Having trouble motivating yourself to go outside or gaining the courage to try something new in general? Play hipster and get out your hammock, go hiking with friends and go someplace outside this spring. Get creative!

3. Find your reasons

What better way to enjoy nature than finding ways to be motivated by it! As a passionate student, nature can be a great motivator to inspire creative work, passion projects or to help you through the dense work load of your day. Seeing sun shining and hearing birds chirping is also great for mental health, which ultimately creates better quality work with a clear mind. Finding reasons to be with nature can make it that much more enjoyable, so see the benefits and get out there!

With springtime quickly approaching this April, and school in no sight of slowing down, it is time to make time for the outdoors. Be it for therapy, a break or inspiration, nature is just as much a tool as any study guide or study partner can be and is an asset for any student’s life. Springtime is about smelling the flowers and remembering that there’s more to life than just school, like finding ways to cultivate your work, passions and enjoy life a little bit too. 

[All photos found on UpSplash]

Writing is my passion, hopefully reading is yours!
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.