This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

February has ended and these are the songs we at Her Campus UIowa were obsessed with last month! 

The whole The Greatest Showman Soundtrack

First of all, I still cannot get over how great this movie was. I watched it last month and I still listen to the soundtrack almost everyday. If you haven’t already checked out the article I wrote about what I liked about The Greatest Showman, then you should go check it out here. The songs have so much meaning to them, aligned perfectly with the movie’s story. I’m just thankful we have such talented musicians in this world to produce such great music. 

Teenage in Love” – Madison Beer

This song has a really interesting tune to it and I don’t know how to explain it. Give it a listen, and you’ll immediately feel like you’ve been transported to an 80’s romance movie. It helps that Madison Beer’s voice is absolutely gorgeous!

All The Stars” – Kendrick Lamar & SZA

Elizabeth Chesak liked this song “because it’s a BOP abd struck exactly the right upbeat mood for the end credits of Black Panther!”

Psycho” – Post Malone

Liz Warner loves Post Malone and said that this song “encompasses his vibe in a song and is for sure going to be a hit for a long time.”

“I Wanna Dance With Somebody” – Fall Out Boy (cover)

Rachel Green chose this song because “it’s basically rhe Fall Out Boy rock style and the vocals are great. Patrick Stump is a great singer, it’s a nice twist on a class bop.” 

My, My, My” – Troye Sivan

Rachel also chose this song by Troye Sivan, “I like the beat of it, it’s something that I can put on both a study playlist and a party playlist, because it fits in perfectly well in both. The chorus also makes me want to dance.”

Everything Will Change” -Gavin Degraw

This song is just a nice little reminder that if something is not going your way, you’re still here and you’re still worth it. Just because it sucks right now, doesn’t mean that it’s going to be this way forever. It’ll change if you give yourself time to relax and move on. Learn from the mistakes and “make the best out of the situation.” 

Photos: cover, 1,  2, 3, 45, 67Cover

Ridhima Jagtap is a college newbie, a.k.a a freshman, working towards a degree in the field of journalism. You'll often find her chasing after cats and watching adorable cat videos on YouTube. If she's not doing this then she'll be singing her lungs out so that her whole floor can hear her. She hopes to blow people away with writing what she's passionate about. Books, music and a lot of animals!
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.