Caitlin Scott- When Ambition Takes Over

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

When Caitlin stepped on the campus of UIowa she had a goal in mind and has been working intensely toward that goal ever since. Four years later the Minnesota native is preparing to graduate in the spring with a degree in journalism and set off into her career with plenty of experience under her belt. She is the current co-president of Ed on Campus the Iowa chapter, works on social media and multimedia endeavors for Student Life Marketing  and Design, and even interned at Cosmopolitan over the summer! We expect nothing but greatness from this girl, read about how she does it all.

Caitlin got involved on campus early in her college career by joining Ed on Campus which is an organization designed to catapult people into their magazine dream job. She has done just that by finishing up an internship at Cosmopolitan in New York City. Caitlin has aspirations to work for a national brand magazine (Inside scoop she love National Geographic).

With this girl’s motivations we know she has a wonderful career ahead of her she shared with us what she will miss most about the IC once she graduates in May. She said

“ Iowa is amazing. I’ve meet so many wonderful people–friends, teachers, [and] bosses. I’ve really loved being able to work and study in an environment where there are so many people around to help you and push you to do your best. I will also miss Iowa City’s small-town feel. I love Minneapolis, but Iowa City is unique in that it’s a small city with a ton going on!  I love that atmosphere and will definitely miss it.”

So keep an eye out for this future magazine editor, she is an inspiration for all us at Her Campus-UIowa.

Full time English/Studio Arts major, Full-time visionary. Native Chicagoan and a true city girl. In love with love and a frequent contributing writer for the HC-UIowa Modern Love column(however not frequent enough). Current endeavor?  Proud Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus UIowa, I am progressively expanding the chapter's reach through creative, fun, and informative content with a unique publication voice. I also have published content for diffrent on-line and print media. I love everything HC, but when I am not writing, editing, or publishing I am trying out the latest health trends in fitness and food, hanging out with friends, or fueling a bad habit of on-line shopping. Future endeavor? Editor-in Chief of a magazine something like Glamour, Cosmo, or Self. Want to keep up with me? Follow me on Twitter @EllandreaM