4 Reasons Why Oil Diffusers Are Essential for College Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Being a student here at the University of Iowa, I am constantly looking for ways to relax and give my brain a little break in the midst of academics, organizations, volunteering and what not. Without a doubt, oil diffusers came to my rescue. I saw almost all of my friends buying oil diffusers and I would admit that initially, it seemed like not a good investment at all. But, once you convince yourself to buy one, you won’t regret it even once. And here’s why every college student, like you, must have an oil diffuser in their room.

1. Stress Relief

Every college student would definitely admit that they are stressed due to one reason or another. From personal experience, I can say that there is nothing like by playing calming music with your oil diffuser going to get over that unwanted stress.  

2. Resilience Against Cold and Flu

As the weather is changing, (and who can escape the crazy Iowa weather?) everyone is prone to catching a cold or flu. Who likes to be in bed sneezing and sniffling when it’s midterm season? Some anti-microbial essential oils that boost immunity include eucalyptus, cinnamon, clove and peppermint.

3. Safe Alternatives to Candles

College students living in residence halls know the true pain of not being able to bring in their favorite candles. Oil diffusers are a safe alternative to candles. They will make your room smell even nicer, and you don’t have to worry about setting off the fire alarm!

4. Set the Mood for an Energized Study Session

This goes hand in hand with the very first reason. If you are calm and composed, and importantly stress-free, then nothing can stop you from a productive and energized study session. Essential oils like eucalyptus and peppermint have been proven to help in the same.

There is no reason to be waiting anymore, get your fingers to work and buy an oil diffuser for little less stress in college!

Image Credit: 1

Ayushi is a Junior majoring in microbiology and working towards getting a certificate in creative writing. She likes to read and binge watch T.V. shows when she is not busy with school and student organizations!
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.