This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Picture this, you’re getting ready for the day so you decide to check the weather. Well, you look at that, it’s gonna be sunny and a high of 45 degrees. You take a look at your wardrobe and choose the most appropriate clothing for the weather. You spend the rest of the day feeling content you’re comfy and cute. Hold up, you didn’t that think fantasy could possibly take place at UConn right? The weather is far too erratic to ever make you think you dressed appropriately, let’s take a look at the average day here on campus.

9:00 a.m. You take a look out the window to see the sun nice and high. But don’t let the sun fool you, step outside with anything less than a parka and you’re done for.

12:00 p.m. Your jacket is looking awfully nice folded on your arm, while you sweat through shirt and manage to lug your overfilled backpack around.

3:00 p.m. Now this is the perfect mix of summer and fall weather. The cool breeze feels great against your skin. You wish you could spend every moment outside.

6:00 p.m. It’s starting to get too cool for just a t-shirt, but you say you’ll be fine as you head out for a club meeting. Boy, are you wrong.

9:00 p.m. Honey, if you aren’t either at home or with a jacket, I am sorry to say, but you’re a goner.

Let’s all learn our lesson the first time around and avoid catching frostbite. Good luck traveling safely on campus, may the odds be ever in your favor.   

Gifs are courtesy of https://giphy.com. Cover Image Source