Typical UConn Bar Things That Make You Wonder Why You Left Your Room

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

UConn bars hold a special place in everybody’s heart, but sometimes you can’t help but wonder why the hell you decided to go out. Here is a list of things that make you regret going out to one of our local bars.

The Floor

What’s worse than stepping in a puddle of beer? Stepping in a puddle of what could be beer, vodka, rum, or bodily fluids in a nice pair of shoes. Who knows what’s in the mixture of liquids on the floor at Huskies. Whatever it is, I’m sure those shoes are your new “bar” shoes and you regret leaving your room with them on.

The Nickel Drinks That Are Only 2% Alcohol

Nickel is always an adventure, but why bother leave your dorm room to only get 4 drinks at nickel because your friend isn’t aggressive enough to push through the crowd? Not to mention that by the time you finally get them, you realize there’s less alcohol in it than a Mike’s Hard Lemonade. You wasted your time and leave after 2 hours only feeling slightly buzzed. Staying home with some friends and taking shots all night while watching Superbad is the way to go.

The Questionable Dancing

Huskies is great for dancing and I applaud everyone willing to dance the night away with their crazy moves, but some of those moves need to be left for the bedroom. I’m not talking about the aggressive twerking, I’m talking about the grinding and hands in places they shouldn’t be in public. Is it necessary to do that in a crowded and sweaty bar when you can do that in the privacy of your room?

The Music

This one is a bit biased because I’m one of the few students that hates R&B, Rap, and Hip-Hop music. That being said, I’m going to have to give the music choice at the bars a 3/10. It could be worse and I rage whenever “Mr. Brightside” comes on, but overall the music scene at the bar is enough to make me call it a night and jam out to my own music with my friends at home.

The Bathroom

When the alcohol hits you, it hits you hard and waiting for the bathroom is the worst 15 minutes of your life. Everybody goes in with a group and takes much longer than they should. When it’s finally your turn, you come to realize just how much time you wasted and how much you want to leave. There’s never a line of angry drunk people telling you to hurry up at your place.

The Drama

Oh yes, the arguments of who wants to stay longer, who wants to leave, who is leaving with whom and everything in between. When you drink enough, everything is a big deal and everyone is willing to fight for what they want even if it makes no difference what happens. When you drink at home with your friend, there’s no worry about any of that drama and all is good with the world.

The Walk Home

I’m a cheap person and if I can save myself a few extra bucks by walking home instead of calling a sober ride, I will. Walking home during Spring semester is absolutely miserable and the winds will cut through you like a knife through butter. And of course I don’t bring coat because I don’t want to be a part of another horror story on Buy or Sell and how someone stole my coat at Ted’s.

Cover image source