Things We’re All Looking Forward to About Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

As winter approaches, many of us are just looking forward to the month-long winter break we very much deserve after a long semester and finals week. Here are some things our fellow UConn students are looking forward to about winter break:

A month of no schoolwork

Winter break is one of the only times throughout the year where almost everyone is stress free. The only worry is buying gifts for everyone for the holidays and surviving New Year’s. There’s not enough time to start an internship or do some crazy online classes (except if you’re one of those people), so it’s bound to be a month of joy.

Working/making money

Since schoolwork can take up almost any free time available, winter break is a time to go back home to your old job and to try and pull in as many hours and as much money as you can. Many students work full time when they are home, especially since this time of year is complete craziness and can get expensive.

Being with family and old friends

Winter break calls for being surrounded by family and high school friends. It is the time to reunite and catch up with your day ones.

Being home

As much as we all love our university, nothing compares to being home, eating momma’s food, laying down in our own bed, and using our own shower without flip-flops on. Another perk is being able to actually drive yourself around and being a short ways from the mall or Target.

Sleep

After a long, hectic, and hellish week, everyone deserves a long break filled with all the sleep you didn’t get during the semester. Best part is, it’s in your own bed.

Seeing our pets

The very best part about being home is reuniting with your one true love, the one who will always be there for you, the one who will never disappoint you and never let you down, the one who is always excited by your presence; your pets.  

Cover Image Source