This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

The fall is one of the most buzzing times of the year for new music releases and concert tours. The past few months have not disappointed with releases from artists who have been hanging back in the shadows like Travis Scott, Rex Orange County, and Kanye West. Below are some of the season’s newest songs from the industry’s most well-known names and those that you should get to know!

1. Pluto Projector- Rex Orange County

After 2 years since the release of his second album Apricot Princess, Rex Orange County came back this week with Pony, an album written primarily about his mental health journey. Each song is very moving and tells Rex’s personal story, but “Pluto Projector” is a personal favorite. Rex thanked his fans on Instagram on Friday following the release of the album for believing in him and his music and staying loyal as he recovered from mental illness.

2. Rushing Back- Flume feat. Vera Blue

Flume has risen to the top of the list of today’s best DJs, but his unique sound is like no one else’s. He has a habit of collaborating with beautiful voices like Tove Lo, Kai and now Vera Blue. This song will be stuck in your head for a while and is arguably one of Flume’s best singles.

3. Puppy Llama- Coast Modern

Coast Modern is back with their first release since their self-titled album in 2017. The band’s vibe is “eclectic surf-rock” according to Billboard, but Coast Modern also experiments with trap beats. Any of their songs will make you want to dance, but this single is a great return to the game. Fun fact: the lead vocals for this song were recorded on an iPhone!

4. Frail State of Mind- The 1975

This is the next installment in a succession of singles from the well-established band, The 1975. The band is known for their angsty, unique sound, and this song doesn’t stray far from that vibe. If you’re looking for more of what they do best, this is your song.

5. If You Think It’s Love- King Princess

King Princess’ long-awaited album, Cheap Queen, is here! She came onto the scene in 2018 with her anthem “1950”, and has been on the come-up ever since then. She even recently released a cover with Mark Ronson of the classic “Happy Together” by The Turtles. “If You Think It’s Love” highlights her strong, smooth vocals.

6. HIGHEST IN THE ROOM- Travis Scott

Travis Scott set the bar high for himself with his massively successful album and tour, ASTROWORLD. Being in a relationship with Kylie Jenner (is that still happening?) has made him a very high-profile celebrity. This single lived up to the hype and is very on-brand for Travis Scott.

7. A Kiss- The Driver Era

The Driver Era is made up of Ross Lynch and his brother Rocky Lynch. Now, this is not the cute and goofy Ross Lynch that you watched on Austin & Ally when you were 12. This is the sexy and mature Ross Lynch who SWEARS in his songs. This single is one of 2 songs just released following their first album, X, which proved the band’s suave and unique sound. Don’t think that Austin Moon has bad boy potential? Listen to “Feel You Now” or “Welcome To the End of Your Life” and you’ll be convinced.

8. hello! – ROLE MODEL

21-year-old Maine native ROLE MODEL is going to be big. This single is one of a few released recently that features his whiny (in a good way, promise) and emotional voice. Many of his songs are about his struggle to give and find love while battling depression, and his music overall connects well with the teen/early 20s audience. His songs “girl in new york” and “not a fan” are also great ones!

9. Friendzone – Huron John

The song title speaks for itself, but Huron John puts a fun and youthful spin on what it’s like to be friendzoned. This song has catchy guitar riffs, great back-ups, and a cool sample from Siri in the beginning. This one is hard not to dance to, and ironically picks you up when you’re feeling down.

10. Everything We Need – Kanye West feat. Ty Dolla $ign, Ant Clemons

The long-awaited Kanye West album JESUS IS KING dropped later than expected on Friday, but better late than never, right? The album is all about, you guessed it, spirituality. Many of the songs feature beautiful choirs and suggests a new Kanye West era, but other songs like “On God” resemble the old Kanye. “Everything We Need” in particular is especially catchy because of its features and its classic Kanye beat. Kanye also released an IMAX art film called Jesus is King in concurrence with the album featuring shots of his famed Sunday services.

11. Vampires in the Daylight – Miniature Tigers

Miniature Tigers is back with a new album entitled Vampires in the Daylight. The title track is in true Miniature Tigers fashion with layered vocals, a building chorus and acoustic guitar with a steady drum beat. It also features a bridge featuring samples of ocean waves. Overall, this song has good vibes and celebrates the band’s distinctive sound. 

12. iPhone – DaBaby feat. Nicki Minaj

After “Suge” and “Goin Baby” on his first big album Baby on Baby, DaBaby (that’s a lot of “baby”) released his second album of 2019, KIRK. “iPhone” is arguably one of the best songs on the album, featuring Nicki Minaj’s reliably quality verses. Not only does it have Nicki Minaj, but the song’s chorus is very catchy and highlights DaBaby’s characteristic voice.

Stream these songs on our Spotify playlist here!

Sarah is a senior at the University of Connecticut majoring in political science and minoring in French and communication, and the current President of Her Campus UConn! In her spare time, she enjoys going to concerts, reading, and hiking.