Mid-Semester Slump as Told by Nick Miller

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

It’s that time of year, folks – the mid-semester slump. We’re way past syllabus week and some of us are even past our first or second midterm exams. With projects, papers and even more exams on the horizon, it’s quite difficult to find the motivation to keep pushing through. But don’t worry, you’re not alone. Here’s some of the most relatable mid-semester situations as told by Nick Miller from New Girl

When you remember how your friends urged you to take this supposedly “easy A” course which you are now completely failing.

When you try to act really chill about the fact that you haven’t started studying for an exam that you have at 8 a.m. tomorrow.

When you come to class in the most ratchet ‘fits because you don’t have time for fashion or style anymore.

When you have to pump yourself up in the car before a big library session.

When you have to convince yourself that your major isn’t hard and that having five back to back exams is the norm.

When you try to warn your friends not to get behind but they just won’t understand until it happens to them.

When the stress of school makes you do the unthinkable.​

When you know you would be able to get everything done if you could just pause time.​

When you try to convince yourself that you’ve been productive in the library when really you’ve done nothing.

When it’s exam day and you know you know nothing so your strategy is to fake it ‘til you make it.

When you know you could be in your bed watching Netflix but you’re in the library wearing jeans and shivering because it’s an arctic tundra in 3N.

When your professor decides to spring a pop quiz on your class even though you have an exam in every other subject so this dude should just be lucky you’re even going to his class.

When your professor tells you it’s just a review class and there will be no participation credit with clickers so you peace out discretely.​

When you’ve been sitting in the library for so long that your entire body loses circulation.

When the professor says the multiple choice exam is going to be “check all that apply.”

When Monster and Awake bars aren’t doing the trick anymore.

When you realize the exam you thought was Friday is actually Tuesday and you have a two projects due Wednesday and a twenty-five paper due Thursday.

When your classmates confront you for not helping at all with your group project.

When you look up from your computer screen and the lights are flashing in Homer B and you’re now alone at your table.

When you go to office hours and try to get your professor to give you an extension with your ~charm~.

When laundry and simple hygiene are simply not high on your priority list anymore.

When you literally just can’t anymore so you quit studying and send it to the bar.

When you’re blessed with an A on HuskyCT and you have no idea how you got it because you blacked out during the exam and didn’t sleep or eat for the twenty-four hours prior.

But just remember: if Nick Miller can do it, so can you.

Cover Image Source