starbucks holiday drink menu 2022?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
starbucks holiday drink menu 2022?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Starbucks

Giving Superlatives to Starbucks Holiday Drinks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of year— time for Starbucks holiday drinks! Read on for superlatives for the most popular drinks, high school yearbook-style.

Most Consistent: Peppermint Mocha

The only true classic out of the drinks on this list, if Santa drank coffee his go-to order would be a peppermint mocha. Celebrating its 20th anniversary, the drink was first rolled out in 2002 and quickly became one of the most popular Starbucks products in history; it’s certainly the most iconic. If the extensive menu full of cold foams and endless varieties of frappuccinos is a little too intimidating, the peppermint mocha will never fail you!

Never misses: Caramel Brûlée Latte

If you’re someone who enjoys the simple things in life, skip the frills and extra pumps and go for the caramel brûlée latte. Similar to a regular caramel latte with steamed milk and shots of espresso, this drink is said to taste a bit smokier and richer due to the caramel brûlée sauce. Just like the chestnut praline, it’s also doused with caramel crumbles on top of whipped cream. Iced or hot, it’s the perfect coffee drink with a little more holiday spirit than your average latte.

Best topping: Chestnut Praline Latte

Chestnuts are definitely an underrated holiday staple, and if you’re going to sit next to an open fire, this latte is the perfect addition. But, the chestnut syrup isn’t even the star of the show— it’s the spiced sugar topping they sprinkle on top of the whipped cream!

Sweet Tooth: Salted Caramel Mocha / Hot chocolate

Not everyone likes coffee and that’s okay! That also doesn’t mean Starbucks doesn’t have options for those who prefer a sweeter treat without the bitterness of espresso or coffee grounds. Any of the hot chocolates or mochas are perfect for the colder temps, especially if you add a pump of peppermint or toffee nut. However, if you really want to go all out, the salted caramel mocha is the ultimate chocolate beverage (excluding the peppermint mocha of course).

Rest in peace: Eggnog Latte

Eggnog is a very debated holiday drink. Strangely enough, I can’t stand eggs but love egg nog. The nostalgia the eggnog latte brings me every holiday season is unmatched, as it was first available in 1986. Throughout my childhood, my family could go through three-plus cartons of it every Christmas and pair the drink with chips and onion dip (strange enough). So, when I learned the eggnog latte would not be coming back for the second year in a row, I was pretty upset. Good thing all the other drinks are just as delicious!

See Kelti’s article for a full ranking of Dunkin’s holiday drinks and happy holidays!

👯‍♀️ Related: Dunkin’s Top 5 Holiday Drinks
Starbucks Holiday 6?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Starbucks
Hi, my name is Alexandra! I am currently Junior at the University of Connecticut living on the Storrs campus. I am a communications major with a minor in digital marketing and analytics!