Coachella 2023: Who Stands Out In This Year’s Lineup?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

As the clock winds down, we are quickly approaching the opening weekend of the world’s most anticipated music festival: Coachella! Music lovers from across the globe travel to Indio, California to enjoy three days of music, fashion, and overall entertainment. This is the second festival back since the pandemic, so millions are anxious to get back to seeing their favorite performers. This year’s lineup was released in early January, and the internet went into a frenzy, as this year’s headliners include Latin artist Bad Bunny, K-Pop group BLACKPINK, and R&B singer Frank Ocean. When taking a closer look at the lineup, what other names will be rocking the festival grounds?

Coachella 2023 Lineup

A Boogie wit da hoodie

If you are an avid listener of rap music, like myself, then A Boogie is definitely an artist to pay attention to in the lineup. A Boogie has been one of the largest names in rap for our generation since the release of his hit single, “Drowning.” Whether he is performing one of his own songs or a feature, his fans are always fed and left wanting more. With his most recent album having been released just in December, the plethora of songs at his disposal is endless.

Songs to be on the lookout for: 

1. “Secrets”
  2. “It’s Crazy”
  3. “Look Back At It” 
  4. “Man in the Mirror” 
  5. “Me and My Guitar”

Flo Milli

If you are one of the millions of people who suffer from a severe TikTok addiction, you are no stranger to Flo Milli. The rapper’s music has been the source of many trending dances, and has since been one of the biggest artists to come from the app. Her stage presence commands the attention of viewers, so expect for things to be no different during Coachella. 

Songs to be on the lookout for: 

1. “In the Party” 
  2. “Conceited” 
  3. “Bundles 2” 
  4. “We Not Humping” 
  5. “Beef FloMix”
Flo Milli’s Instagram

Glorilla

I think it is safe to say that 2022 was GloRilla’s year. Since taking the music industry by storm with her single “F.N.F. (Let’s Go),” it was only a matter of time before she would be taking a spot on the big stage. Within the year, GloRilla has released (or been featured on) a number of successful songs, and released her debut EP Anyways, Life’s Great… that has featured some big names in the industry, including Cardi B and Lil Durk. 

Songs to be on the lookout for: 

1. “F.N.F. (Let’s Go)”
  2. “Tomorrow 2” 
  3. “On Wat U On” 
  4. “FTCU”
  5. “Internet Trolls”
GloRilla’s Instagram

Burna Boy

Honestly, the world needs to start paying more attention to this man! Burna Boy’s music is Afro-fusion based, and designed to make you want to get up and dance. Within the Nigerian music industry, he has been recognized as one of the most talented and versatile artists; a title that is well deserved. He has been moved more into the spotlight since the release of Marvel Blockbuster, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, after his single “Alone” was heavily featured throughout the film.

Songs to be on the lookout for: 

1. “Last Last” 
  2. “Alone”
  3. “For My Hand” 
  4. “It’s Plenty” 
  5. “Ye” 
Burna Boy’s Instagram

Idris Elba

Yes, you read the name correctly. The British Actor will be performing at Coachella this year as a DJ! Fun fact, this will be Elba’s second time behind the turntables at the festival! Besides staring in successful films such as Luther, Takers, and having a role within the Thor franchise, he is taking his talents to the desert. If his music skills are as good as his acting, you are bound to be entertained.

Idris Elba’s Instagram

Calvin Harris 

There are no amount of words that can truly describe how iconic Calvin Harris truly is. The Scottish DJ has been in the music industry since the late 2000s, and has only been releasing absolute bangers. Regardless if the song is his or lending his expertise to a fellow musician, his impact in music cannot be denied. Let’s be honest here — his songs are the soundtrack of summer. 

Songs to be on the lookout for: 

• “Outside” 
  • “We Found Love” 
  • “This is What You Came For” 
  • “Summer” 
  • “One Kiss”
    Calvin Harris’s Instagram

Becky G

I think I’m speaking for all of us when I say that Becky G’s music has had us all singing in the shower at some point. Her music has been topping the charts since early 2014, following the release of her iconic single, “Shower.” Recently, Becky G has been making music that represents her Hispanic heritage, only showing her diverse musicality.

Songs to be on the lookout for: 

• “Shower”
    • “Can’t Stop Dancing”  
    • “MAMIII” 
    • “Oath” 
    • “Mayores” 
    Becky G’s Instagram
    Michaela Elam is a sophomore nursing student at the University of Connecticut. She mainly writes articles based around entertainment industry, but is starting to branch out into more topics college centered. Since a young age, Michaela developed a passion for writing, and knew that she wanted to find an outlet to continue while in college. In the future, she hopes to work in the healthcare field as a Nurse Practitioner. In her free time, Michaela enjoys going to the gym, hanging with friends, and going for long drives. She is also an avid listener of R&B music, and is always down for a game of Uno.