This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Food Instagram is a place where you can explore your creativity with food photography and recipes! After being on Food Instagram for a few months, I turned from a once picky eater to trying and exploring so many different types of food and it’s all thanks to these lovely ladies for sharing their amazing recipes!

1. Erin Lives Whole

She is my all-time favorite. One of the most real and genuine people I follow on the internet. Erin’s content is amazing. I love her mindset and energy she gives out to the world on food, working out (she loves her peloton and I have done some rides with her which are SO fun!), and just following your passions! She is a full-time recipe developer, so she is constantly working in the kitchen and her hard work pays off because her recipes are delicious! Every recipe I have tried (a lot), I have loved. They are simple recipes with whole ingredients, so easy to make and so delicious. My favorite recipes are the Fall Turkey BurgersLettuce Wraps, and the Fall Harvest Salad! You can not go wrong with any of her recipes. Follow her on Instagram to be inspired @ErinLivesWhole, (I have even gotten my whole family to follow her).

2. Choosing Balance

Such a sweetheart! Peyton is so inspiring and such a light on Instagram to her followers. I love following her for her recipes, but she’s also a passionate runner! I love following her journey with running as it inspires me to always remember to find joy in it. As for her recipes, she creates the most delicious looking breakfasts. Her stacks of waffles, pancakes, french toast, whatever it may be, are always AMAZING. My favorites recipes have to be the Spicy Chicken Tacos and Buffalo Chickpea Burgers, recipes can be found on her Instagram! She has a wide variety of donut recipes; I have been looking forward to making the S’mores Donut recipe soon and her Strawberry Donut recipe is delicious!! Follow her on Instagram @ChoosingBalance!!

3. Balanced by Sarah

A UConn Alumni! Sarah is a registered dietitian that focuses on healing peoples’ relationship with food and their bodies. Following Sarah feels like a breath of fresh air. She posts the most uplifting, educational resources along with great recipes. Her content has resonated with me in many ways, which I am forever grateful for. I love her breakfast tacos and charcuterie board tips! Her Instagram is @BalancedBySarah!

Other accounts I love, @TraderJoesFoodReviews for all things Trader Joes, @FreckledFoodie for all the raw, genuine content, @healthfulradiance for some book recommendations, @AmyWilichowski for the scrunchies, baked goods, and best tofu ricotta recipe, and @BalanceByKrystle has the most amazing aesthetic and food pictures. I love them all, and clearly, I can’t choose just a few to name! 

Feel free to follow my own food Instagram, @livsmunches to see all the goodies I am making!

Olivia is a sophomore marketing major at UConn. In her free time she enjoys running, playing field hockey, reading and making delicious dinners & treats for @livsmunches on instagram.