The Best Goals to Set for Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

The time we have anxiously awaited for since the start of the semester is almost here. The end of the semester is fastly approaching and with only a week or two left, it’s a good idea to start thinking of what you are going to do during winter break. With a whole month-long break from textbooks and massive amounts of assignments, the opportunities are endless. Since you have this long vacation from school work, you should use it as a time to get back on track and accomplish some of the things you’ve been meaning to accomplish but haven’t had the time to. Use this wonderful time to get your life in order so that come spring semester, you are confident and ready for whatever it may bring. If you’re a little lost on what goals you can set for yourself, look no further. 

Kick your butt into shape.

After all the stress eating that naturally occurs during finals week, you may be looking to put some exercise into your regime. What better time to start an exercise routine than when you have no tentative schedule? You can exercise whenever and how ever you like to. The great thing about exercise is that there are so many options. If you don’t mind running, go for a run around your neighborhood. However, if running isn’t for you, you can also try a more peaceful activity like yoga. There’s also always the option of joining a local gym which is an awesome way for you to set a routine you can follow every day. Honestly, when it comes to working out, the sky’s the limit. 

Look over your resume & cover letters.

Your resume and cover letters are things you’re going to constantly need and are forever going to be perfecting. So why not take the free time you have to make sure it accurately displays your experiences and accomplishments? Now that you don’t have school work to worry about, take the time to edit your resume and cover letter for any potential job you hope to have in the future. These two documents are the most important elements you give to potential employers, so ensure they stand out and showcase who you truly are and what you’re capable of. 

Find a job.

If you’re looking for a way to make a little cash, especially with all the spending that occurs during the holidays, go find yourself a part-time job. Usually, there are employers specifically looking for seasonal employees to hire so all you need do is apply! Retail stores especially are in need for help during the busy holiday season. Jobs are also just a chance for you to leave your house and have something to do instead of being bored at home (AND THEY’RE PAYING YOU FOR IT). 

Tidy things up a bit! 

Being home is a chance for you to get your world in order. Finally you have nothing pressing going on, so you have the time to organize and clean. If your room is a mess, why not take the time to sort it out? If not, feel free to mix things up in your room. You can try moving furniture to see what looks best or get funky new decorations that make your room have more personality. Or, if you’re looking for a more organizational task, you can always try to tackle the feat of organizing your closet to your preference. Above all, make your environment a comfortable one! 

Spend time with family & friends.

Make sure you make the most of the time you have off and spend it with those you love. Take the opportunity to catch up with old friends and see what they’ve been up to. Spend some time with your family whether it’s just lounging together at your house or going out to do some fun holiday activities. The holiday season is all about having get-togethers and being surrounded by the important people in your life.

De-stress! 

Above all else, be sure to take the time to de-stress from all the struggles of the semester. After making it through what seemed like an endless amount of work and sleepless nights, you deserve to relax. Take some time to kick your feet up and completely chill, whether this means watching your favorite reality show or eating some Ben and Jerry’s. Do whatever it is that you enjoy and what makes you feel completely at ease. After all, you deserve it! 

Have a great break collegiates! 

Cover Image Source