7 Reasons We All Have A Love/Hate Relationship With Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Halloween is the infamous holiday we all wait for to dress up in crazy outfits and go out to have fun. As we all count down the days until the 31st, we reminisce about the love/hate moments of past Halloweens and the ones to come.

Love: It’s the one time of year we can wear whatever we want and it’s totally okay.

Admit it ladies, we all love the cute tied button-ups with high socks and flirty glasses on Halloween.

Hate: The weather never works in our favor.

Cute, flirty costumes = disaster when you walk outside. It’s almost like we forget that we live in icebox New England but we do it for one night because #beautyispain.

Love: It’s time to dress like your alter-ego or favorite character.

Halloween isn’t just about dressing less, it’s about dressing up. Do your own thing and act the part of your favorite movie character for a night. Or, try those adorable matching costumes with roommates or friends; stand out in the crowd!

Hate: Being “too old” to go trick-or-treating anymore.

How could anyone turn down free candy? But, adults don’t especially love when 18+ year-olds start showing up on their doorsteps.  

Love: A lot of people still do it anyway!

That hour before the party starts is an ideal time to gather all your friends, step back into your childhood, and snag some free goodies while you can. Living on a college campus can make this difficult, but if you live by a residential area it’s totally worth it. Just make sure to put on some sweats over that cutesy costume of yours (you may not even want to take them off afterwards).  

Hate: When you do go out, you’re almost guaranteed to be matching with another girl.

But it’s okay for you to do it, because yours was stressfully thrown together last minute. She’s definitely been planning to wear this all month.

Love: You’re sure to have fun.

Halloween is about getting dressed up and having a good time. Even if it is zero degrees outside, that house party will warm you right up.

Cover Image Source