5 Things I Learned After Trying Demi Lovato’s Workout Routine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

As a workout-aholic I am constantly figuring out ways to spice up my workout routine. One way that I have tried to do this is by looking at what some of my favorite celebrities are doing.

We all know tons of celebrities that are known for their amazing bodies, and Demi Lovato is no exception. I recently came across her workout routine for when she is on tour, and instantly felt the need to try it. The workout consisted of:

10 reps (per leg) of reverse lunges into front kicks

10 reps (per leg) of curtsy lunges into sidekicks

10 reps (per side) of wood chop squats

10 reps of plank walk into push ups

10 reps of burpees

20 reps of crunches

When reading it, the workout didn’t seem too hard so I decided that I would incorporate these six moves into the end of my workout for a week. Here are fives things I learned after trying Demi’s workout routine:

1. DON’T underestimate her          

Demi is a beast, and even this quick workout is a good example of that. While the reps are low, and you have the options of using weights, this workout will still have you SWEATING.

2. Cardi-NO

Personally I’m not the biggest fan of cardio. I could never see myself running on a treadmill for 30 minutes, and just calling it a day. Luckily, this workout is the perfect mixture of cardio, and strength training. You’re constantly moving, and let’s be real, burpees are a killer. During this workout you’ll be sweating just as much as you would during a run, but the good news is you don’t have to actually run.

3. #GIRLBOSS approved

The best part about this workout was that it was QUICK and EFFECTIVE. While I usually like to take my time in the gym, I can definitely approve of this workout being suited for the typical on-the-go person. Only have 15 minutes? That’s fine, you’ll be done with this workout in no time!

4. Perfect for beginners

Now don’t think that because Demi’s trainer made this workout that means it is impossible for beginners. The moves are extremely simple, and can easily be modified if you are having trouble with the moves.

5. Calling all fitness buddies

What I love the most about this workout is that it can be done with others. If you have a gym buddy, you can easily do this together! You’re able to have that support system while getting a toned body, if that’s not a reason to do this workout I don’t know what is.  

While I personally couldn’t see myself doing this routine every single day, there are definitely some moves that I will be incorporating into my workouts. It’s also good to know that if I’m ever in a pinch, I can use this routine to get a quick workout it. Have fun sweating collegiettes!

Header Image Source

Sade is currently a senior at UConn, and is enrolled as a Human Development and Family Studies major. Sade enjoys binge-watching youtube videos, doing her makeup, and people who get her name right the first time meeting her (shah-day). Sade hopes to go into early education, preferably into teaching at a head start or birth-to-three center.