5 Recipes to Have the Best Vegan Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

When it comes to Thanksgiving, most people automatically think of having a huge meal that generally consists of mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and of course the turkey. This is usually how the meal is set up, unless you’re vegan. Don’t be alarmed, a vegan Thanksgiving can be be just as delicious, if not more, as the typical Thanksgiving. Here are five recipes to make your vegan Thanksgiving the best yet!

1. Simple Vegan Stuffing

Looking for a simple yet delicious side dish? Well, the blog Minimalist Baker has got you covered! Not only is this recipe only nine ingredients, but it also feeds eight people as is. This recipe can be found here.

2. Thanksgiving Roast

Not into Tofurky? That’s okay, because this Thanksgiving roast is perfect for you. If you’re the type of person who loves having the main dish as your priority then this recipe will work mainly because it is putting all of your favorite side dishes into one! Inside this delicious roast is a cranberry sauce, sweet potato mash and a mushroom and lentil stew. This recipe can be found here.

3. Vegan Cinnamon Rolls

Thanksgiving breakfast is set, especially if you have a sweet tooth! This recipe by the blog OhSheGlows is both extremely tasty and fairly easy to make. The best part of this recipe is that it is 100% homemade, so you know exactly what you are eating, and are able to modify any part of it if you want. This recipe can be found here.

4. Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Shells

Yes you read that right, broccoli and cheese shells. When it comes to vegan cheeses, the blog HotforFood is one of the go-to sites. While this recipe has the most ingredients out of the five, all of them are very easy to buy at your local grocery store. This recipe can be found here.

5. Pumpkin-Spiced Apple Pie

Of course I had to have a dessert as my last recipe! This pumpkin-spiced apple pie gives a delicious twist to your favorite dessert, and will have all of your guests talking about it until next year. The absolute best part of this recipe is that it has only eight ingredients, so if you’re new to the cooking-game you’ll be perfectly fine. This recipe can be found here.

Hopefully these recipes will make your holiday that much tastier. Happy Thanksgiving collegiettes! Need some more recipe ideas? Click here to check out our vegan Thanksgiving article from last year!  

Image Header Source

Sade is currently a senior at UConn, and is enrolled as a Human Development and Family Studies major. Sade enjoys binge-watching youtube videos, doing her makeup, and people who get her name right the first time meeting her (shah-day). Sade hopes to go into early education, preferably into teaching at a head start or birth-to-three center.