This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Reality Check: If you aren’t listening to podcasts by now, you’re missing out. 

Basically, podcasts are hour-long episodes of someone either talking alone, with a co-host or interviewing a guest on a certain topic. They come in all genres, I mean… literally anything. Crime, comedy, fitness, self-help, news, education, the list goes on. It took me longer than I’d like to admit to switch up my beloved car ride music playlists with people actually…talking… *shivers* but they are now a kind of therapy to me that is simply included with my Spotify membership.

While I am no podcast connoisseur (yet) I do feel confident that I have listened to enough and now can share my top five current favorites with at least a 95% success rate. 

So, let’s cut the chit-chat and get to the list. 

Friends Excited
Giphy

1. Anything Goes by Emma Chamberlain 

I can’t recommend this one enough. I mean other than the fact that Emma Chamberlain is an icon of our generation, her podcast is really good. Through her podcast, she is much more candid, open, and honest about a variety of different topics relating to her life. They have a different vibe than her YouTube videos but obviously have the same charm. 

2. MOOD by Lauren Elizabeth 

Lauren Elizabeth just might be one of my favorite influencers to follow, on all platforms. Her podcast is no exception. MOOD is relatable, funny, and interesting. She gives advice, recommends products, talks about lifestyle, fashion, interviews cool people, I mean why wouldn’t you listen? This podcast has proven to be a popular choice amongst my friends too, if that counts for anything. 

3. The Real Reel Podcast by Natalie Barbu 

Ok. Go listen to the Real Reel, like RN. Influencer Natalie Barbu is the host and interviews a new person each week. Through her interviews, she highlights all sorts of different careers and inspirational and overall successful people. Each week is completely different. This podcast is different, interesting & has been incredibly helpful to me in deciding what I want to pursue after college. 

4. What We Said by Jaci Marie & Chelsey Jade

I found the What We Said podcast without really trying during quarantine. Jaci and Chelsey are two best friends and cover many lifestyle topics, and it’s a good and easy listen. It feels like I’m just chatting with some of my girlfriends. Also, for what it’s worth, they started this podcast before podcasts were really popular. It was their first pursuit of social media; Instagram, YouTube, Tik Tok, and everything in between came after (which I think is so cool).

5. VIEWS by David Dobrik & Jason Nash 

This one’s for you if you are looking for a break from the girly, lifestyle, “I recommend this brand of conditioner” type of podcast. I don’t think David Dobrik requires much of an introduction; who wouldn’t want to listen to the charming and hilarious David Dobrik with his 40 something-year-old best friend comedian by his side? Since David has left us without vlogs for what feels like literally a lifetime at this point *the dramatics*, at least we have his podcast for an uninterrupted 40ish minutes.

Caylie is a junior communications and journalism major at the University of Connecticut. When she's not writing for HerCampus, she's probably writing for her blog, Going In Blonde. While her laptop charges, you might find Caylie going for a run, scrolling through Tik Tok, or taking a million photos of her dog.