Wellness > Health

5 Fitness Brands You Need to Try that Aren’t LuluLemon or Nike

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Since most of us have exhausted our wardrobes (and bank accounts) from shopping at Lululemon exclusively, it’s time for new ideas on where to get our athleisure. 

Spiritual Gangster

Type of Clothes: Leggings, joggers, tanks and tees, sports bras, sweatshirts, bodysuits, swimwear, leisure wear

Spiritual Gangster states they are inspired by yogis, athletes, artists, and musicians, so naturally, their clothing reflects that. They have a wide variety of colored leggings with rainbow designs, cool logos/slogans, and accent tees and sweatshirts that are perfect for laying around or wearing to class. Their sale selection always has lots of options that cycle through every two weeks. 

What I Own/What I’ve Tried On: I own pair of blue joggers that are incredibly comfortable. On the back of the calf, in small lettering, reads “If you’re reading this, I hope something good happens to you today.” I also own a $98 cashmere sweater with a cool design I got on sale for $48. Every time I wear it, I get so many compliments. Definitely worth checking out. 

General Price range: $38-$198

Alo Yoga

Type of Clothes: Leggings, joggers, tanks and tees, sports bras, sweatshirts, zip-up jackets, coats, leisure wear

Alo Yoga is a huge workout brand sold in Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom, which means each of these places has different sales going on at different times- check each website before buying an item! Their clothes are super trendy and are made well, but are on the pricier side. Luckily they have always have a huge sales selection available where you can buy a pair of leggings for as low as $50. 

What I Own/What I’ve Tried On: I’ve tried on their leggings – loved them! Their workouts tops are supportive if you want to ditch a sporta bra. They have soft hoodies that come in different lengths, as well as zip up jackets that hug your curves and compliment your figure. Their sherpas are also so cute and sell out fast because of how loved they are.

General Price range: $52-$248

Old Navy

Type of Clothes: Leggings, joggers, tanks and tees, jackets, hoodies

Old Navy has an activewear section that is essentially a dupe for Lululemon. Their leggings come in so many different colors and have a similar style to anything that is popular now but is being sold for triple the price. Scroll through their website to stock up on some basic, yet trendy pieces to add to your workout collection. 

What I Own/What I’ve Tried On: I recently bought a pair of light blue leggings that rival the Align legging from Lululemon. I worked out in them and was surprised that no sweat showed through afterwards, which is impressive for any brand. I also have three workout tops from Old Navy that are about four years old and still look brand new. These pieces may be less expensive, but you’re not giving up quality while saving money. 

Price Range: $20-$60

Colorfulkoala

Type of Clothes: Leggings

Colorfulkoala is sweeping the internet (well, mostly Tik Tok) with great reviews on their leggings. They are sold on Amazon and come in several different lengths and colors, as well as high-waisted and mid-waisted options. Nearly every Amazon rating is a 5 star.

What I Own/What I’ve Tried On: I don’t own anything from Colorfulkoala (yet!) but I’m excited to try their leggings that have been raved about for so long. 

Onzie

Type of Clothes: Leggings, joggers, tanks and tees, sweatshirts, zip-up jackets, coats, leisure wear

Onzie is a great place to shop if you are looking for a basic, patterned, or overall fun piece. This brand is a mix of athletic wear and leisure wear, which I love, since my “leisure wear” is just old sweatshirts from my high school. They have cool cutout shirts and bras that pair great with their leggings- definitely recommend trying this brand out. 

What I Own/What I’ve Tried On: I’ve tried on a Onzie long sleeve top with an open back that I adored and a sports bra with a cool back design. While I have heard their leggings are on the thinner side, look out for the fabric blend in the details section of the website and compare it to leggings you own to see if this would be a good purchase for you. 

General Price Range: $34-$79

From Fairfield, CT. A current business major hoping to switch to, or at least minor, in English. Loves writing (obviously), running, soccer, coffee, and Cody Ko.