5 Artists You’ve Probably Never Heard of but NEED to Listen To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

As we wait patiently for Taylor Swift to release a new album it is important to find a way to make time pass a little quicker. If you are not a fan of Taylor, perhaps you are looking for a way to change the routine that you have settled into this semester. Updating your playlist is a great and simple way to spice things up. Here are a few artists that you probably have not heard of yet but definitely need to listen to.

Watsky

If you are a person who listens to music for the lyrics, you are guaranteed to fall in love with Watsky. He is a rapper, but has a background in spoken word poetry. Now, Watsky puts music to his original works blending both serious issues with comical undertones.

Manatree

Manatree is a band from Richmond, Virginia. Stylistically, their music is categorized as indie-rock but captures the feel-good, pop-punk vibe. Most of their songs on their self-titled debut album are upbeat and would be a great addition to any workout playlist.

Noah and the Whale

This British band is another indie-rock styled band with folk-inspired lyrics. Despite the fact that this group has been around for a while, their lyrics reflect the struggles of growing up, learning how to make difficult decisions, and somehow finding the positives in complicated situations. Noah and the Whale will definitely brighten up your day.

Thirdstory

Thirdstory is a pop group that is quite new to the music scene. With only three songs available at the moment on their EP “Searching”, Thirdstory introduces a different type of sound with each track.

Nick Santino

If you ever feel homesick, this is your go-to Artist. Nick Santino is a former member of A Rocket to the Moon, but since the band’s break in 2013 has been pursuing a solo career. Santino’s sound is a unique hybrid of indie-rock and country. His songs incorporate themes of missing home, love, and adventure.

Thumbnail Image