This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Growing up in an age where social media dominates our lives, having self-confidence can be a difficult task. Sometimes we wonder why our bodies don’t look the same as the girls on Instagram, or what we would look like if we had slightly bigger lips, bigger boobs, maybe even a bigger butt. Being confident is all about feeling good on the inside and the outside. That being said, here are 20 tips and tricks that you can try to help boost your confidence on the daily.

1. Get a good night of sleep

Getting a good night of sleep will allow you to have more energy to accomplish things throughout your day. Let’s face it, being tired all day can not only bring down your energy levels, but also change your attitude – No more Mrs. Cranky Pants.

2. Drink lots of water

Drinking water keeps you hydrated, helps your skin, and sometimes just makes you feel better in general. The better you feel, the more confident you feel.

3. Put some makeup on 

No one needs makeup – obviously. But sometimes a little pop of eyeliner or mascara makes you feel more put together and motivated to take on the world.

4. Wear no makeup for a significant amount of time

Makeup can be fun. However, the most important thing is to be able to tackle things by just being yourself. If you can be comfortable in your own skin, no makeup and all, the world is your oyster.

5. Have one thing to look forward to every day

Wether it’s something as simple as your morning coffee or lunch with a friend, having something to look forward to makes you feel good inside and makes you more excited to go about your day.

6. Do one nice thing every day

Doing simple things like holding a door or helping someone with their homework can make you better about yourself and feel more accomplished.

7. Cut yourself some slack

You don’t always have to be happy or put together. It’s okay to eat eat unhealthy sometimes or be sad about something that happened.

8. Leave yourself notes

Leave yourself little notes around your room or in your car just as reminders to keep you in check and give you a boost throughout the day. It’s like a present from you to you – the best kind. 

9. Don’t sweat the small stuff

If it won’t matter in five years, don’t give it more than 5 minutes of your time girlfriend.

10. Do a face mask

Sometimes a face mask just makes you feel boujee and confident. Not to mention, they make your skin look and feel great.

11. Surround yourself with great friends

Friends are there to build you up, not break you down. Surround yourself with people who make you feel good – and who give you compliments (always a plus).

12. Stop making negative comments about yourself

Turn all the negative comments you have into positives.  You might have brown eyes instead of hazel, or have a little more junk in your trunk than you want, but you’re hot and you’re going to work it. 

13. Wear an outfit that makes you feel good

If you feel like Beyoncé, you’re going to kill it like Beyoncé. Feeling good is always a good look.

14. Post a selfie

Sometimes posting a selfie can be scary – what if it looks weird? What if no one likes it? Forget that! Posting a selfie can help boost your confidence and show others that you’re confident, you’re cute, and you don’t care what anyone thinks.

15. Listen to positive music

Every time you hear a song that makes you feel good, add it to a playlist. Music can add a little pep in your step and make you want to dance everywhere – which you could also try.

16. Read a positive quote every day

Sometimes you just need to see positivity right in front of you for it to really take effect. Positive vibes all day.

17. Give it your all

Being able to try your best at something, even if you don’t succeed and then continuing to try your best, will only build your confidence and teach you that you can do anything you put your mind to.

18. Act confident

By simply acting confident, even if you don’t feel it, eventually it is going to become you and you will see just how confident you can be.

Cover Image Source