This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

There’s nothing quite as exciting as the changes that come with fall – the beautiful red and orange leaves, the crisp morning air, and now we get to enjoy a whole new repetoire of recipes with all of the amazing fall flavors. For days when you can’t get out and take advantage of the weather and all this season has to offer, you can still make it feel like fall.  Here are 14 of our favorite fall recipes that will help make every meal of the day feel like fall. 

For Breakfast:

Pumpkin French Toast Bake

If you are looking for a delicious – and fast – way to start your morning, then this is the perfect recipe. With only 15 minutes of prep time and 40 minutes to bake, this pumpkin french toast bake will make enough food for everyone you and your roommates – and will take you less effort than making traditional french toast. If you’re running tight on time, you can even make it the night before.

Apple Cinnamon Crepes with Caramel Drizzle

Love apple pie but don’t have the time or supplies to make it? These apple crepes are sure to do the trick. As the crepe batter has to sit for an hour, it may be best to start these the night before, but they’ll be well worth the wait. The good news: you don’t even need a crepe maker to make these as any non-stick pan will do. The bad news: these crepes taste so good, you likely won’t have any for leftovers.

Vegan Cinnamon Roll Pancakes 

Looking for a vegan alternative that’s not only healthy but also tastes incredible? You’ll find that with these vegan cinnamon roll pancakes. With only 8 ingredients, these pancakes are simple and surprisingly healthy. Add some glaze on top for an extra sugar boost or leave it off, you’ll enjoy these pancakes either way.

Pre-Dinner Treats:

Pumpkin Cranberry Nut & Seed Loaf

This recipe is sure to keep you going through the day and keep you feeling the season. Although this bread contains pumpkin, it will give even pumpkin lovers a nice break from the wall-to-wall pumpkin spice taste that accompanies so many other fall recipes.  This bread requires a number of ingredients and must sit for a few hours after preparation before you bake it. However, it is worth the wait and will taste amazing.

Carrot and Butternut Soup

Soup is a girl’s best friend on a cold fall day – and you’ll want to make this dish your best friend once you’ve had it. Healthy and simple to make, this soup captures the taste of fall right in your slow cooker. Just add in all of the vegetables, cook it over night, and enjoy it the next day! Once it’s finished, you can choose different ingredients to add on top to spice it up.

Sweet and Salty Fall Harvest Salad

This sweet and salty mix is the perfect way to get all of your fall veggies and fruits into one crisp combination. Ingredients include butternut squash, Honeycrisp apples, cranberries, pecans, brie, kale, and a maple vinaigrette that will put your summer salads to shame.

Baked Acorn Squash

Acorn squash is one of the most underrated fall vegetables, which is hard to believe because it’s so easy to make and tastes so good. You can’t have a fall dinner without having baked acorn squash (at least once in a while).  This recipe walks you through the basics of making a simple, baked, sugar-filled, acorn squash. 

Garlic Butter Smashed Sweet Potatoes

Everyone is familiar with the marshmallow-topped sweet potatoes that are a staple of the Thanksgiving table. However, these sweet potatoes are a nice cheesy and savory alternative that might make you rethink that marshmallow topping. The name of this recipe is pretty self-explanatory- after baking a few sweet potatoes for 25-30 minutes, slice them up and smash them down into flattened disks. Then add butter, garlic, and parmesan cheese on top, broil them to melt the cheese, and voila – you have a great appetizer for any fall meal.

The Main Course:

Creamy Pumpkin Spaghetti with Garlic Kale

For a fancier and pumpkin packed dinner, look no further. While the base may be your average spaghetti, this pumpkin infused sauce will turn it into an anything but ordinary meal. Add ground turkey and a healthy side of kale and this becomes a health-packed and delicious meal.

Pumpkin Ravioli

These fall raviolis are not only healthier than the traditional meat and cheese options (with only about 40 calories per ravioli), but they deliver a unique fall flavor that you’ll fall in love with. To save on time, use wonton wrappers in place of making the raviolis from scratch.

Sea Salt Sweet Potato Rolls

Dinner is not complete without a side of dinner rolls – and especially these sweet potato rolls during the fall. Who doesn’t love the smell of baking bread and the taste of a warm fluffy dinner roll? These may become your go-to like they did for us. 

The Most Important Course – Dessert:

Apple Pie Tacos

These apple pie tacos have the same great taste as apple pie but in a cute finger-food form. Fun and easy to make, these treats are great to bake and share with friends. With a cinnamon-sugar coated outside and a warm gooey apple pie filling, it’s easy to see why this fall treat has made our list.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Now that we’ve given you recipes for pumpkin at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, why stop with dessert? These are a soft cake-like cookie, that will melt in your mouth. You won’t be able to resist them once you try them.

Salted Caramel Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars

If the picture doesn’t get your mouth watering, then the smell when you make them definitely will. These rich treats combine crunchy nuts with chewy caramel and melt-in your mouth chocolate to give you a dessert you’ll want to make again and again. They are well worth the time that it takes the make them and the sugar coma that you may find yourself in afterwards.

We hope that you enjoy these treats just as much as we did. Happy fall!

Thumbnail Source

Katie Lynch

U Mass Amherst

A Communications and Journalism Major at UMass Amherst