This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Now that the reality of a new semester has set in, we start to realize the things we took for granted over the past month.  Despite the boredom and countless wishes to be back on campus, we start to think that maybe being home wasn’t so bad after all.

1.  Our own rooms

It’s not easy being social 24/7.

2.  Our beds

Like sleeping on a cloud.

3.  The gym

New Years resolutioners in your hometown were calm compared to the UConn gym at the beginning of the semester.  Now it’s back to the Hunger Games of cardio machines and any corner of space to work with.

4.  Our favorite coffee shops and baristas

Starting your day at the place you love or the barista that knows your name and order right when you walk in, making your coffee perfect every time.

*Wistfully wishes for this while waiting in the long Dunkin’ line at the U*

5.  Our home friends

Separation anxiety has set in from missing your best friends that you spent the past month (and probably most of you life) with.

6.  No schoolwork

Those were the days… where deadlines, studying, and homework weren’t constantly consuming our thoughts.

7.  Our parents

The older I get the more I see my mom as my best friend.  I love spending time with her and hate it when I have to leave her. 

8.  Our pets

We miss the constant love & attention and always having someone to cuddle with.

9.  The food

No more benefitting from our parents’ home cooked meals and grocery store trips, we’re on our own, it’s tough!

10.  The feeling

Home isn’t a place, it’s a feeling.

Taylor is a senior at UConn majoring in Communications and Journalism, dreaming of living and working in New York City. She is passionate about Fashion, Health, and Sports. In her free time, she loves to travel and spend time with family and friends. She is a Starbucks addict and lover of all things dessert.