A Day in the Life: Expectation vs. Reality

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Alberta chapter.

Productivity is addicting. I constantly am on the hunt for new ways to optimize my life, get more done, and have more time (which I then fill with more things, rinse and repeat). Based on podcasts, YouTube videos, shows, blogs, articles, and my own personal goals and experiences, this is what my optimal daily routine would be (and hopefully someday soon will be) alongside my current daily routine. Expectation vs. Reality is a humorous concept, however it also motivates me to aim to be closer to my goals. An expectation is a goal, and it may not be easy to achieve, but it is (in most cases) possible. I have outlined my optimal day for when I have both school and work alongside the common days that I currently experience. Who can relate?

I am very proud of the progress I have made with my health, my sleep hygiene, and generally working towards my goals. However I still have a long way to go. If you also want to optimize your days and your life, take a look at how you are currently spending your time, prioritize and see what is flexible. Anything is possible, but also nothing is perfect. Do your best, do what makes you feel happy and good, work hard and enjoy everyday no matter how it compares to your “perfect standard.”

Image Courtesy of:

1

Robin is a senior student at the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Alberta. She is getting a Science Degree, with a Psychology major and a double minor in Sociology & Biology. Part-time jobs, full-time classes, various student groups and volunteering fill most of her time. Robin is the 2020/2021 President of Her Campus at UAlberta and served as the social media director for the 2018/2019 year!