Style

What’s Trending On The Fashion Forecast For Summer 2021

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Planning that summer beach day or that trip to the mall strip and don’t know what to wear? We can help you out! Here’s a list of the upcoming trends to look for in in fashion coming to you this summer!

Browns and Tans

You might be thinking “Brown during the Summer…?” Apparently! Clothing sites have been flooded with brown and tan shades in their new collections. Maybe this summer will just be shaken things up!

Tie-Dye

Nothing says “Summer” better than tie-dye! Picture yourself with your tie-dye dress enjoying a pina colinda in your hand with your toes in the sand. Cute right? Not to mention tie-dye bucket hats and two piece sets are in right now as well.

tie-dye-romper
Saks Off 5th

Kandi Necklaces

Do you remember those bright friendship bracelets as a kid? Or maybe you were a scene kid in 2012. Either way, Kandi is making a comeback. These bright, customizable, and fun beaded jewelery are ssending summer off with a bang and are a great way to add an exciting piece to your outfit.

Check and Gingham

Gingham patterns are making it’s way into the fashion scene this Summer. Clothing with this pattern are usually light and fluffy and bright colors- perfect for a summer picnic or date by the beach. 

Baguette Bags

These bags have been on the market since this Fall, but the trend seems to be here to stay. It’s not just popular in black anymore- it can be found in all colors from white to neon pink and even covered in fur or cowprint! They hold just the amount of stuff to take the esstentials to the mall or on a night out. 

Satin Dresses

Satin dresses are flying off shelves right now. Whether in lilac or mint green, they are flaterring to the figure and a simple addition to a closet that’ll make you stand out at any occasion! 

Get yours here!

We hope we’ve given you some starter closet-inspo for the coming Summer! Remember to donate your old clothes and tag us in your fashion pics at @hercampustulane! :)

Hannah Ellis

Tulane '22

Tulane Senior majoring in Latin American Studies and Finance.