Three Cheap and Delicious Brunch Spots in New Orleans

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

FRESH AND HEALTHY:

Satsuma Café

7901 Maple St

Mon-Sun: 7am-5pm

With a delicious menu of healthy and fresh dishes, Satsuma Café is often packed for breakfast and lunch.  Their fresh fruit juices, homemade pastries and ample vegetarian options make this place a perfect place for Sunday brunch. Their iced coffee is deliciously strong and their biscuits are huge and fluffy. My favorite dishes are the Mexican Breakfast Plate and the Ciabatta Breakfast Sandwich.

DINER FOOD:

Slim Goodies Diner

3322 Magazine St.

Mon-Sun: 6am-3pm

Slim Goodies is just the place after a long night of drinking. The fluffy pancakes, hash browns and scrambled eggs will soak up all that alcohol still in your stomach. The atmosphere is funky and the menu is classic diner food that never fails to disappoint. Be sure to try one of their delicious milkshakes!

OMELTES AND HASH BROWNS:

Coulis

3625 Prytania St

Mon-Sun: 7am-2pm

Possibly the best part about Coulis is that it is BYOB so feel free to run into the KWICKY MART across the street and pick up a bottle of cheap champagne. Coulis sells pitchers of orange juice so you can start your morning off right with a round of mimosas. Coulis has amazing build-it-yourself omelets and some of the best hash browns I’ve ever had.