Though oreos have held their claim as being “milk’s favorite cookie,” how can we forget the classic milk and chocolate chip combo? When you pour yourself a glass of milk the debate always ensues over which cookie really goes best. Well, worry no more, because now you don’t have to choose! You can simply make oreo chocolate chip cookie bars! Everything milk (and you) loves in one bar!
Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookie Bars
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cup salted butter (take out of the fridge about an hour before baking to let soften)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1 2/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 oreo cookies (crushed)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Cream (mix) butter and sugar in a large bowl – i did not have a mixer so i found it easier to use my hands –add in eggs and vanilla and stir until well combined
- In a separate bowl, mix the baking powder and salt with 1 cup of flour. Then pour into the butter mixture and stir in the rest of the flour – when pouring in the rest of the flour it is best to do a little at a time and not all at once, this way it will be easier to mix
- Fold in crushed oreos and chocolate chips – use your hands to fold the oreos and chocolate chips into the dough
- Sprinkle flour in a pan and on your hands and press the dough into the pan – if you find the dough is too sticky use more flour
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes – closer to 30 minutes will give you cookie bars with a more gooey inside
- Allow bars to cool and eat up!
Notes in italics are suggestions by the author!