stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Healthy Habits to Stick to This Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Sometimes jumping back into the school and trying to get back into the swing of things can be difficult if you don’t already have a schedule in place. The first week of this semester I was still struggling with my class and daily schedule and had not started the school year off very well regarding healthy sleeping, eating, or exercise habits. Here are some things to prioritize in your daily schedule in order to help you stay healthy with your habits, and thus, stay motivated and on track in your education!

1. Make an Exercise Schedule

I know that if I don’t plan when I’m going to the gym that day that I will end up not going or go so late that I delay my sleep. Now I have started planning the times when I going to the gym a week in advance so that I will be less likely to skip and then mess up my homework schedule for the day. I have found it especially helpful to plan to go to a workout class with a friend so that I am even less likely to skip. I recommend the Vixen workout!

1. Plan Your Meals

If I don’t plan when or what I am eating for the day, sometimes I end up skipping important meals and then not being able to focus on my work because I am so hungry. If you prep and plan your meals, you will feel less hungry throughout the day and more energized and focused in class and on your assignments!

1. Have a Set Time to Go to Sleep

Always aim for a time to go to sleep for that night. If you are procrastinating or aimlessly working or fooling around, then you will end going to sleep super late and, in turn, mess up your sleep and work schedule for the rest of the week. Have a plan of when you’re going to try to go to sleep so that you will be well rested for the rest of the week!

1. Buy a Planner

have a planner where I write down my whole schedule for the week to ensure that I will stay on track! This is super helpful especially when I have a busy week and need to see my plan for each day laid out in front of me on paper. Also, I would suggest picking out a cute and fun planner so you’ll be excited to use it and show it off to your friends!

I hope these tips help you keep to healthy habits and have a smooth semester. Happy planning!

Joelle is a freshman from New York City, planning on majoring in Political Science and English, with a minor in Business. Her interests include films, dogs, Broadway plays, and politics!
Her Campus Tulane