This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

With temperatures rising and classes winding down, spring has sprung in New Orleans. There are lots of low-budget ways to satisfy your spring fever near campus. Spending time in Audubon Park is one of the most cost-effective and fun ways to enjoy the weather.

Take full advantage of the beautiful park just across from campus. Full of springy life, Audubon Park is perfect for walking and chatting with friends, listening to music on a solo stroll, or breaking into a full-on sprint. The gorgeous atmosphere will surely make time fly and leave you feeling both refreshed and buzzed. The lush trees, little ducklings, and children playing will feed your spring fever. I have happily crossed St. Charles more than once in a day to get my Audubon fix. 

Venture a bit further and make it to the Fly on a free afternoon once more before school is out! It is brighter out longer this time of year, and the spring breeze makes for a nice pairing with whatever snacks and friends you bring along.

Make sure to give the Mother Nature some extra love as we approach Earth Day and give thanks for the opportunity to share in such a beautiful space! Bonus: Audubon makes for incredible photo-ops that will surely spread spring fever all around. Happy Spring, y’all.  

Her Campus Tulane