This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

If you need a little extra push to get you to summer, here it is! With no spring break, I am definitely feeling overwhelmed, tired, and burnt out. But with finals on the  horizon and too many group projects and papers to count, we also need reminders to take care of ourselves. Often times, I need some inspiration and motivation from others. Here is a complete list of what I will be doing until finals are over!

Letterboard - "Be proud of how hard you are working"
Photo by Emma Matthews Digital Content Production from Unsplash

Listening To Denzel Washington’s Speech

I remembered watching this speech by Denzel Washington in a Stress Management class I took last semester (Tulane students: take it, it was the best class for unwinding, as well as learning how to cope with stress). 
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbnzAVRZ9Xc 

Relaxing With My Mediation App, Insight Timer

Insight Timer has great videos and playlists that help you relax and unwind from a stressful day. I especially love the 5 minute meditations-these are great if you need a few minutes to catch your breath and intentionally be in the present moment.

Spending Some Time Outside And Taking Breaks 

Stepping outside without my phone has been great. Sitting in the sunlight is SO energizing and calming at the same time.  

Reaching Out To A Close Friend

A lot of students are feeling this way right now! Talking to a close friend can be helpful in acknowledging that you aren’t alone.

Listening To My Favorite Songs For Motivating Beats

My top songs now include the newly released Olivia Rodrigo song, “Deja Vu” and the mashup with Taylor Swift’s “Cruel Summer.” I’m listening to this on repeat!

The end is almost here. Finish the semester strong-it will be SO rewarding!  

Emily Oh

Tulane '22

Hi, my name is Emily! I am a writer and VP of Marketing/PR for Her Campus Tulane. I love reading, baking vegan treats, and singing along to Taylor Swift.
Her Campus Tulane