The Ultimate Tufts Collegeitte GIFT GUIDE!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

[pagebreak]

Family or that special someone

FOR HER PAGES 2-4

Under $25

For female family members and a female special person in your life you want to get something that will make her feel special and beautiful, or something sentimental. At a price point of $25 or below this would include small bath and beauty related items, personalized items (you can monogram pretty much anything these days), and small accessories.

1) Sephora Collection Gloss Lab, Sephora.com, $25; 2) Deborah Lippmann ‘She’s Always A Woman’ Mini Nail Lacquer Trio, Nordstrom, $25; 3) Wild about Warmth Infinity Scarf in Leopard, Mod Cloth, $24.99; 4) Family Words Frame, sendaframe.com, $16.50; 5) Minis To Go Gift Set in Sweet Pea, Bath and Body Works, $19.50.

[pagebreak]

Under $50

For under $50 you can still stick to the sentimental theme and making her feel special. However, at this price point your options widen, as there are several jewelry and clothing items you can purchase in addition to beauty and picture-related products. Think of something that you would probably not get your friends like cozy pajamas or a hooded sweatshirt personalized by your college.

1) Keep it Simple Sterling Silver Circle Necklace, Dogeared, $48; 2) Tufts Jumbos Champion Sweatshirt, Tufts University Bookstore, $29.98; 3)Batik iPhone Case, Marc Jacobs, $384) Fireside Long Jane Pajamas, Victoria Secret, $49.50; 5) Sephora Favorite’s Fragrance Sample for Her, Sephora, $50.

[pagebreak]

Under $150

An extra $100 definitely gives you a little leeway in terms of what you can buy for gifts. If you have it to spend buy her something that will last and be useful to her, but at the same time sentimental. Jewelry is always a good bet, but getting something to decorate the house or lasting apparel (like a nice of leather gloves) is a great investment too.

1) Keurig Mini Single-Server Brewer, Macy’s, $149.99; 2) Cashmere Lined Leather Gloves, J. Crew, $118.00; 3) Camden Wrap Bracelet, The Future Perfect, $115; 4) Elsa Peretti Open Heart Pendant, Tiffany’s, $125; 5) Kenneth Cole Reaction Tote Taking Flight Carryall, Macy’s, $120.00.

[pagebreak]

FOR HIM PAGES 5-7

Under $25

For those male figures closest to you opt for something choose something sentimental or something that you know he will just find useful! These are the guys that you know best; so don’t shy away from buying them something you know that they would be interested in, which you would never consider purchasing for a friend.

1) Holga iPhone Lens Filter Kit, Think Geek, $19.99; 2) The Encyclopedia of Immaturity, Perpetual Kid, $19.99;  3) Burton Touchscreen Liner Glove, Urban Outfitters, $24.00; 4) External Battery Charger Pack, Phone Parts USA, $12.955) Zagat City Guide, Zagat, $12.95-13.95. 

[pagebreak]

Under $50

At this price point try a customized item for a special touch or something that can benefit him in his career. If you know what he likes to do, watch, and play opt for a gift that says you know like a video game he has been wanting, something sports-themed, or a season of his favorite show.

1) Estate Zip Pass case, Fossil, $45; 2) Monogrammed Suede Football, Pottery Barn, $49; 3) Personalized Leather Wrap Flask, Gifts.com, $29.95; 4) Georgio Armani Body Spray, Sephora, $26.00; 5) Personalized Saddle Leather Dopp Kit, Pottery Barn, $39.00.

[pagebreak]

Under $150

At this price point you want to get him not only something sentimental, but that hopefully he can treasure for a long time to come or a cool tech product. New company J.J. Threads has the idea by offering customized shirts for your favorite guys at affordable prices! Use the code “HerCampus” for a 20% discount on your purchase! You can choose from several colors, fits, and patterns to create a shirt perfect for a guy in your life. 

1) Customized Men’s Shirt, J.J. Threads, from $89.99; 2) Kenneth Cole New York Watch, Macy’s, $115.00; 3) Dot Slim Tie, Brooks Brothers, $79.50; 4) Crosley iDeco iPhone/iPod Stereo, Brookstone, $104.99; 5) Nike+ and Fuel Band, Nike, $149.

[pagebreak]

Friends

FOR HER PAGES 8-10

Under $25

For some this may be a bit too expensive for this is just a joke category. Instead stick to fabulous fashion finds and trendy accessories that the average parent would not have the Collegiette prowess to snag. Or opt with something too adorable for anyone to refuse (see mini cupcake maker below!).

1) Pearl Trim Earmuffs, Top Shop, $24; 2) Tory Burch Printed Thermos, Target, $19.99; 3) Soft iPhone Case, Victoria Secret, $14.50; 4) Sephora Collection Blinged Palette, Sephora, $15; 5) I Bitch Mug, Urban Outfitters, $15.

[pagebreak]

Under $50

For your closest and dearest female friends (possible future bridesmaid?) opt for something that she can keep for a while. Don’t go with a disposable makeup or trendy fashion purchase. Instead get her something that she can adore for years to come.

1) Sephora Collection Block Buster Makeup Palette, Sephora, $492) Mini Cupcake Maker, FredFlare.com, $303) Medallion Jewelry Stand, Urban Outfitters, $34.004) Spiked Section Aliceband, Top Shop, $285) Circle Scarf, American Apparel, $40.

[pagebreak]

Under $150

1) All Hours Winking Georgie, Kate Spade, $99.99; 2) Best Friends Necklace, PB Teen, $129.99; 3)UGG Australia Tech Earmuffs, Nordstrom, $63.75; 4) Bubble Necklace, J. Crew, $150.00; 5) Chloé Eau de Parfum 1.5 oz, Sephora, $115.00.

[pagebreak]

FOR HIM PAGES 11-13

Under $25

For your guy pals opt for something funny or wild, or something that you really think they need in the living department (like cleaning, cookng, etc). You can also check out things that you are pretty sure Mommy wont get him (so don’t buy underwear!). Check out Cooking for Bros, also! Cooking for Bros is the official cookbook for modern day bros. It features 25 easy recipes that are simple, healthy, and budget friendly. Each recipe includes about 5 ingredients and features step by step instructions that anyone can follow. Get a copy today on CookingforBros.com for $17 (with free shipping)!

1) Cooking for Bros Cookbook, Cooking For Bros, $17.99; 2) Rag & Bone Shot Glasses Set of 4, Target, $19.993) Be A HeadCase Hard Case and Bottle Opener for iPhone 4, Amazon, $12.954) Leather Anchor Key ring, Urban Outfitters, $18.00;  5) The Bartender’s Bible, Barnes and Noble, $7.99.

[pagebreak]

Under $50

1) Portable Ping Pong Set, Uncommon Goods, $39.95; 2) Shot Roulette, Urban Outfitters, $30; 3) Sebastion Murra Phone Case, Case Mate, $45; 4) NFL Sandwich Press, Gifts.com, $39.99; 5) “Salut!” Hip Flask, Not On The High Street, $42.68.

[pagebreak]

Under $150

For your closest guy pals choose tech or high end items that you know he will appreciate. Look for items new on the market and easily brought to college (no 60 inch flat screen please). You may also consider items he can use in that summer internship or that soon to be full-time job.

1) WeSC Banjar Headphones, Urban Outfitters, $782) Roku Wireless Digital Media Player, Best Buy, $99.99; 3) EdgeStar Deluxe Mini Kegerator & Draft Beer Dispenser, Amazon, $1204) Thom Brown Men’s Blazer, Target, $149.99; 5) Crosley Ranchero iPod Dock, FredFlare.com, $144.95.

Alex Horvitz is a junior at Tufts University in Boston, MA. She is double-majoring in Economics and Psychology and minoring in Communications and Media Studies. With a passion for beauty blogging, Alex is a contributing beauty blogger for Her Campus. Alex is a Co-President of Her Campus Tufts and she also worked as a Sales & Marketing Associate for Her Campus during the Summer of 2012. Email AlexHorvitz@hercampus.com with questions or connect with her on Twitter @Alex_Horvitz or LinkedIn!
Simmone Seymour is a current student at Tufts University studying Political Science, Economics, and Communications. She is interested in films, fashion, art, design, marketing, advertising, PR, blogging, new trends and the DIY movement. She is now the Campus Correspondent for the Tufts University Chapter of Her Campus and blogs for the Beauty School Blog. She aspires to get involved in marketing and has worked at Kirkland & Ellis LLP, Hungry Fish Media, Jack Morton Worldwide, Argopoint LLP, the Tufts Daily, the HC headquarters as a Marketing & Sales Associate, and at Leo Burnett Worldwide.In her spare time (which is far and in between) she freelance writes for publications, maintains a blog, learns about graphic design and coding, and explores which ever city she may be in. Her idols are Chelsea handler, Sheryl Sandberg, and Marissa Meyer.Got something fashion or beauty-related you think is amazing? Contact Simmone at SimmoneSeymour@hercampus.com to discuss article inquiries.