jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Starbucks Holiday Drinks Under 150 Calories

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

With the holidays just around the corner, most of us get excited to celebrate with food, our families and more food! But how do we avoid the holiday weight gain without sacrificing the delicious treats? Don’t worry, Collegiettes! Here is your guide to 8 yummy holiday drinks your Starbucks baristas will make for you that are less than 150 calories.

1. Skinny Vanilla Latte with Peppermint

140 Calories (Tall)

Love a warm vanilla latte? Ask your barista to add a pump of peppermint to get into the holiday spirit!

2. Cinnamon Dolce Steamed Apple Juice

110 Calories (Short)

This drink is a great healthier alternative to the classic Starbucks Caramel Apple Cider.  Don’t be shy and ask your barista for a kid’s steamed apple juice with a pump of sugar-free cinnamon dolce flavoring.

3. Skinny Peppermint Mocha

100 Calories (Tall)

One of my favorite holiday drinks, this beverage consists of espresso, steamed non-fat milk, mocha sauce, and peppermint.

4. Hot Chocolate

130 Calories (Short)

Keep in touch with your childhood days and treat yourself to a Kids’ Hot Coco made with steamed non-fat milk. Hot chocolate actually has many health benefits. It is not only full of antioxidants, but it also increases blood flow and oxygen, which is perfect for a chilly day.

5. Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte

100 Calories (Tall)

Espresso, non-fat milk, and cinnamon dolce: what more can a Collegiette ask for?

6. Skinny Hazelnut Macchiato

140 Calories (Tall)

My newfound favorite, this toasty, sweet drink is a combination between a vanilla latte and a rich hazelnut shot.

7. Skinny Gingerbread Latte

150 Calories (Tall)

Say hello to the little gingerbread man! It’s made of espresso, steamed non-fat milk, molasses drizzle, and gingerbread syrup. Yum!

8. Coffee w/ a Dash of Non-Fat Milk and a Shot of Sugar-Free Vanilla & Peppermint

90 Calories (Tall)

Feeling like you might want a lighter drink? Try a simple black coffee, but ask your barista to add a dash of non-fat milk, vanilla, and peppermint to get the same creaminess and flavor found in any other drink. 

Looking to cut down on calories even more? Ask for your drink in a short. That way, you get the flavor and warmth without feeling too guilty!

For more ways to keep healthy during the holidays, check out 6 Health Hacks for the Holiday Season!

Photos courtesy of: starbucks.com

Edited by: Lauren Medwid

Tori Lin is from Seattle, WA and is pursuing International Finance and Entrepreneurship at Tufts University! She is passionate about fashion, health, beauty, and food.  She is currently a Style Guru for CollegeFashionista and a brand Ambassador for Neurobrands (drinkneuro) and Lyft. Check out her webpage, blog DinWithTlin and connect with her through Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn!