Lax Cutie: Declan Borcich ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Name: Declan Borcich

Year: 2018

Hometown: Bronxville, New York

Major: Undecided

What are you involved with on campus?

So far no clubs, just the lacrosse team. It’s a great group of guys.

What is your favorite part of being on the lax team?

I love the work ethic, practice schedule, and team bonding.  Everyone works hard and no one slacks off.  We’re out of season right now, so we’re practicing twice a week with three lifts.  It’s not too much work or too little—it’s just enough.  All the upperclassmen are very welcoming.

What are your favorite things about tufts?

The classes are pretty hard, but most seem to be interesting enough. The food is decent; I know it’s ranked very high nationally. The parties are fun, especially DU and 209.

Describe yourself in 3 words: Pensive, social, hardworking

Single and ready to mingle? In a relationship? Or is it complicated?

Single.

Describe your perfect girl in 3 words: Not sure I have a perfect girl. She has to be nice, smart, and pretty.

If you were a drink, what would you be and why?

Milk. Milk is never a bad choice.

Ideal date: Great food at a restaurant with great atmosphere.  Maybe a movie.

What song best describes your life motto?

The song that best describes my life is probably The Lion King theme song.  It’s the circle of life.

If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

I would love to be able to teleport anywhere at anytime.  I could travel the world cheaply, or just not have to walk uphill for class.

You’re given an all expenses-paid trip. Where do you go and why?

I would travel across Europe probably.  Iceland is pretty incredible, so I’d probably start there.  From there, I might go to France, Germany, Holland, Switzerland, and maybe Czech Republic.  I’ve heard Prague has a good club scene.