If Tufts Majors Were Ben & Jerry’s Flavors

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Ever wonder what Ben & Jerry’s flavor best represents your major? Well, you’ve come to the right place. Now your passion for ice cream will finally pay off in a way other than that midnight binge.

Art History = Blueberry Vanilla Graham:

These two go hand in hand. Like blueberry vanilla graham ice cream, art history majors are one of a kind. They have a keen eye for detail and love to discover new things like this interesting flavor.

Biology = Chunky Monkey:

What better ice cream to represent the major that studies evolution than Chunky Monkey! As Ben & Jerry’s says, “To create a flavor as fun as the name, we monkeyed around with bunches of test batches until we knew we had a winner: the nuttiest chocolatey-chunkiest concoction-gone-bananas you’ll ever go ape for.” Check out 5 Signs You’re a Bio Major at Tufts for a little extra laugh! 

Biopsychology = Banana Split:

With a mix of psychology and biology, this split of studies will make you go bananas for it!

Chemistry = Salted Caramel Brown-ie Ale:

This concoction of “beer,” caramel, and brownies will leave your taste buds going wild. It’s a bunch of wonderful elements mixed into one!

Cognitive and Brain Sciences = Nutty Caramel Swirl:

It can get pretty tough studying the “nutty” human brain. The salty twist in this ice cream perfectly represents those that dare to dig into this complicated major.

Computer Science = That’s My Jam:

As the most popular major at Tufts, computer science majors will be sure to tell you that coding is their “jam”!

Earth and Ocean Sciences = Phish food:

I think it’s fair to say that the name speaks for itself! Plus, a portion of the royalties from this flavor goes toward environmental efforts in Vermont’s Lake Champlain Watershed.

Economics = Vanilla:

Like vanilla ice cream, you can do essentially anything with an econ major when you graduate. You can’t go wrong with this major or flavor.  

Quantitative Economics = Strawberry Cheesecake:

Like the economics major, but with a fruity spin on it. Tasty and useful.

Film & Media Studies = The Tonight Dough:

Why not name an ice cream after Jimmy Fallon as a tribute to the man of media himself?

Greek = Greek yogurt flavors:

Duh.

Music = Cherry Garcia:

The most musical of the ice cream flavors, Ben & Jerry’s wrote, “Our euphorically edible tribute to guitarist Jerry Garcia & Grateful Dead fans everywhere, it’s the first ice cream named for a rock legend and the most famous of our fan-suggested flavors.”

Peace and Justice Studies = A Swirled of Difference:

Peace and Justice studies majors care about creating peace and making a “swirled” of difference to help better communities.

Philosophy = Half Baked:

You’ve got to have a special mind to think like a philosopher. Let’s pair that brain with a pint of half baked.

Psychology = Chocolate Therapy:

Ice cream = therapeutic (like the individuals who graduate with this degree.) Just like this flavor, they know how to cheer you up.

Engineers = Coffee, Coffee, BuzzBuzzBuzz:

Engineers are always cranking out work with the help of our good friend, caffeine. Similarly, “this concoction gets its coffee-coffee richness from coffee extract, and its buzzbuzzbuzz from espresso fudge chunks. Some claim they get a kick just from saying the name.”

Now that we’ve got your stomach growling, try making one of these inventive Dewick creations.

Photo Sources:

http://www.benjerry.com/

Ellexa is a features writer at Her Campus. As a senior Tufts University, Ellexa studies economics and fim & media studies. She plays varsity field hockey at Tufts, has her own weekly webcasted show called Bo Zone, plays club lacrosse at Tufts, and writes for Tufts' chapter of Her Campus. In her free time, she loves to hang out with friends, watch Suits, online shop, and drink lots of iced chai tea lattes. After graduation, Ellexa hopes to work in the broadcast journalism industry.