Gym Clothes on a Collegiette’s Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

What better way to motivate you to hit the gym than super cute gym clothes? But lets face it, on a tight college budget; you might not have that extra cash to spend on new athletic gear. But have no fear! This is your guide to cute gym clothes on a Collegiette Budget.

There are four essentials to a complete gym outfit: exercise bottoms, an athletic top, a jacket, and a supportive sports bra!

Starting with the pants, whether you decide to wear running shorts or leggings, Nordstroms offers a variety of options for a range of prices.  Although I am loyal to Lulu, I have found another pair of leggings that I can’t wait to step into. Priced at $52, these Zella Live in leggings are foremost my FAVORITE pair. Comfy enough to lounge or work out in, these leggings are a must.

Old Navy is another store you can find great, affordable wear! Check out their $15 Semi-Fitted Tanks, which comes in 9 different colors. Target also is one of my favorite places to get active wear, especially sport bras.  For high intensity workouts, its important to find supportive sports bra. I personally like Champion’s $17 Seamless Racerback Bra.

During this transition between winter and spring, it’s important to have a jacket to pull over after your hard work out! Whether you opt for a thicker jacket or a thin jacket like forever 21’s outdoor running jacket, jackets are essential to wear to and fro.

Fabletics (co-founded by Kate Hudson) is another online store that sells affordable and super cute active wear. This store first gives you a lifestyle quiz and then shows you full outfits that match your workout attire tastes. Get 50% off your first outfit and free shipping.  Look how cute this Omemee Sports Bra is and for $20, who can say no!

Tori Lin is from Seattle, WA and is pursuing International Finance and Entrepreneurship at Tufts University! She is passionate about fashion, health, beauty, and food.  She is currently a Style Guru for CollegeFashionista and a brand Ambassador for Neurobrands (drinkneuro) and Lyft. Check out her webpage, blog DinWithTlin and connect with her through Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn!