5 reasons why you should have a daily routine

College is a time when everything happens at once - surprises are around every corner. But that doesn’t mean you should neglect planning altogether! Here are a few ways having a routine can actually help you improve your busy life.

1. Avoid procrastination - with a daily routine, you know what you have to do and when you’re supposed to be doing it! If you create a schedule for yourself, there’s a much better chance you’ll finish your work on time so you can move on to your next task.
  2. Make time for things you have to do - sometimes, it’s hard to motivate to do the things you dread. Whether it’s a tough group project or going to the gym, it’s hard to look forward to every part of your day. With a clear routine, you’ll get those out of the way without feeling like they’re too much of a burden!
  3. Have time for things you want to do - yes, you’re allowed to schedule things you like to do, also! Instead of getting caught up in the procrastination game, you can make time for what makes you happy and create a truly balanced lifestyle.
  4. Lower stress levels - knowing what you have to do and when - as well as breaking tasks up into parts, mixing in some breaks and making sure you have time to take care of yourself - will immediately be reflected in your stress levels. Organization is key!
  5. Be in control of your own life - it’s your life, so own it! Having a routine is the first step to being the one in charge of your everyday life, and you’ll feel better as soon as you make it happen.