Campus Cutie: Fatima Beri

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Welcome this weeks campus cutie, Fatima Beri!  She is an International Studies Major with a French Minor.  She is class of 2019 and her hometown is N’Djamena, Chad.  Fatima is a senator here at Towson’s Student Government Association and also an active member of Hope of Guinea.  Her favorite place to eat on campus is Patuxent because she loves the Boom Boom shrimp wrap and her favorite place to chill on campus is in Potomac, so if you’re ever looking for Fatima, you know where to find her!  Fatima loves the movie Tarzan and the show How to Get Away with Murder.  She thoroughly enjoys watching anime and listening to any Afrobeat or R&B song.  She is single and ready to mingle, but has a celebrity crush on Sam White.  Fatima aspires to work for the United States Department of State as a Foreign Service Officer and eventually work her way into the United Nations.  However, her overall goal is to become a positive role model for young girls and refugees in developing countries.

“I want to show women in these regions that there is more to life than being a stay at home mother. I want women to know that they can and shall pursue a career in STEM, politics, education, and much more.  Our world is in desperate need of womens rights and I believe with more women in positions of power is an attainable goal.  As far as my commitment to refugees, I want to prove to the world that despite what one goes through in life, one can make it out of destruction and become something; at least that is what I believe to be true since I am a refugee myself.” -Fatima Beri​

Hello and welcome to my Her Campus profile!  Here you will find all the artcles I have written thus far.  I am currently a junior, majoring in Mass Communication with my focus in Journalism.  I joined Her Campus fall semester of my sophomore year and have thoroughly enjoyed being part of such a great campus organization!  I'm looking forward to being this chapter's co-president with Alicia for the 2017-2018 academic year!  Along with Her Campus, I am also part of Lambda Kappa Tau and Students Helping Honduras.  Some fun facts about me is that I like to sing, write, read, workout, shop, and drink coffee.  I'm also really into photography and sometimes try to incorporate my photos into my articles.  You can check out some of my photography at http://mellowmelyophotography.crevado.com.
Her Campus

Towson '25