Campus Celebrity: Jabari Smith

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Meet this week’s campus celebrity, Jabari Smith!  He is a junior, double majoring in Electronic, Media, & Film and Mass Communication with a track in advertising.

What do you do?

“I work in marketing for Campus Activities Board (CAB) and I’m also a member of a media production society.”

When did you start doing it?

“Freshman year, I started going to the concerts that CAB would host and I was interested in how they go from an idea from scratch to the whole production of the concert.”

What sparked your interest in this activity?

“I did my internship this summer where I had my videos aired and I wanted to have more of an opportunity to have my videos out there.”

How can someone else get involved with this? (If applicable)

“They can come to CAB’s meetings which are held every Wednesday at 5 in Liberal Arts Building, room 5303.”

What tips do you have for people who want to do what you do? (if applicable)

“Don’t be dismayed if you don’t get the job you want the first time.  Keep trying at it by yourself or with another company and come back when you’re ready.”

How has this created connections for you personally and academically?

“Personally, I’ve met a lot of great people through CAB and have had many great experiences together with them.  Professionally, I’m having more people view my videos and providing me with resources I couldn’t of had on my own.”

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

“In five years, I see myself as a news producer at a news station, preferably CSPAN.”

What do you want people to take away from this interview?

“Every time you fail, it’s just another reason to level up.”

Hello and welcome to my Her Campus profile!  Here you will find all the artcles I have written thus far.  I am currently a junior, majoring in Mass Communication with my focus in Journalism.  I joined Her Campus fall semester of my sophomore year and have thoroughly enjoyed being part of such a great campus organization!  I'm looking forward to being this chapter's co-president with Alicia for the 2017-2018 academic year!  Along with Her Campus, I am also part of Lambda Kappa Tau and Students Helping Honduras.  Some fun facts about me is that I like to sing, write, read, workout, shop, and drink coffee.  I'm also really into photography and sometimes try to incorporate my photos into my articles.  You can check out some of my photography at http://mellowmelyophotography.crevado.com.
Her Campus

Towson '25