bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Reasons to Visit Dowell Health Center

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Coming to college can be a stressful situation. Most of us haven’t been away from home or our parents long and are unsure how to handle situations we encounter. When it comes to health, you might not always have time to get back home to get checked out. Here is a list of 5 services that it might be easier to get taken care of at Dowell Health Center on Campus.

1.Flu Shots— In such common spaces the Flu can be spread quickly. Between touching doorknobs and desk on campus, you never know where someone has left their germs. Dowell offers the flu shot for $15 dollars in case you can’t get to your primary physician. More information on the Flu Shot.

2.Diet & Nutrition Counseling— Eating well helps you feel well and look well. Dowell offers free counseling to suggest and help you control your diet. A specialist will help you maximize your diet to help you have more energy. Find out more here.

3.Smoking Cessation— Although Dowell does not directly have classes on campus to help you stop smoking, they can direct you to classes in the area that offer free programs to help you quit smoking. Contact Courtney Becker at 410-704-2065 for more information.

4.Birth Control Education and Counseling— Let’s face it. Sex is something that often happens on a college campus. Dowell can help you protect you and your partner from diseases and unintended pregnancies. They offer both prescription and non-prescription contraceptives but they may require you to have a one-time educational session before giving you a prescription. Condoms are offered for FREE daily.

5.Health Education— Need to learn how to manage stress? Can’t sleep? Dowell has one-on-one and group meetings to help you maintain healthy behavior while at school. They also offer information about sexual health. Contact Dowell for more information.

Erin is a Mass Communications student at Towson University studying Journalism, Advertising and Public Relations. She is the Editor-In-Chief, Campus Correspondent and President of Her Campus Towson. Erin has been writing for Her Campus Towson since fall 2011 and worked as an intern for Sister 2 Sister Magazine in summer 2013. She competed in the 2012 Miss Maryland USA pageant and has since done some print modeling as a hobby.