This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Shoes can be an essential part of your day-to-day wear. They come in a variety of styles from boots to sneakers and heels to flip-flops. However, it is not always easy to find a shoe that will serve you throughout every season. I try to fill my wardrobe with a concise amount of stylish, good quality, multi-functional and durable shoes for the Ontario winter-to-spring transition. In Toronto, we can experience snow, frigid temperatures, rain, sludge, mud, sunny skies and mild weather, all within one week. It is always best to be prepared for these rapid weather changes! So, I have compiled a list of my favourite shoes that can be worn during this transitional period. 

Boots

Who doesn’t love a good boot? My personal favourites are sturdy, lace-up boots, Uggs and ankle boots. Lace-up boots are perfect for the beginning of the transitional period as they can be worn in cold winter weather and mild spring weather. The shoe brand Keen is known for making durable footwear. These Keen lace-up hiking boots are very sturdy and come in red and tan. Also, this pair of Chloe boots are a comfortable, solid fashion statement, great for cold winter days. Danner boots are classic and beautiful with durability and signature red laces. Finally, Thesus, a socially and environmentally-conscious brand, sells these stylish, sturdy hiking boots

For warm, comfortable but less durable boots, Uggs are great. Lately, short Uggs are seen everywhere on TikTok and on models like Gigi Hadid and Kaia Gerber, who sport the Classic Mini and the Ultra Mini boots

Ankle Boots

Ankle boots are great because they tend to be more lightweight while offering durability and warmth. Hunter ankle boots and Blundstones are a good quality choice because they are comfortable, cute, and match everything. They are also entirely waterproof. If you are looking for a shorter boot model, check these out!

Sneakers

Sneakers are perfect for mild days when looking for a breezy shoe. I have these Hoka running shoes, and I cannot recommend them enough. They can be used for both running and day-to-day errands with their supportive design. The Reeboks Club C models and Veja sneakers are great sneakers that embody fresh spring energy. 

You can never go wrong with a good pair of Converse. Platform Converse shoes are durable, and with the added height, they help keep you dry on wet sidewalks. Some of my favourite platform designs include light monochromatic, and black and white with dainty red hearts. Also, the earthy, neutral-toned Converse winter boot is a unique and perfect transitional shoe. 

To be more consumer-conscious, always go through your shoe closet to see if you have anything to wear before buying another pair! 

👢 Related: Why Blundstones Are The Perfect Fall Shoe
Sakina Chaudary

Toronto MU '24

Fourth year journalism student based in Toronto.