Healthy, Delicious and Quick Midnight Snack Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Fueling your body with good nutrients is crucial for a healthy lifestyle. Proper eating patterns, hydration and calorie and vitamin intake are key to a sustainable diet. However, we all get hungry in the late A.M. on occasion, so it is important to know ways to feed yourself without sleeping on (pun intended) poor craving choices. 

1. Quick Fruit Bowl

The trick behind actually being in the mood to eat a fruit bowl late at night is all about having an assortment of bite-sized fruit available. When you shop for groceries, ensure you have a stock of fruit that doesn’t require cutting because realistically, who wants to cut fruit at 2 a.m.? 

Some options are:

• Blueberries
  • Grapes
  • Strawberries
  • Raspberries
  • Blackberries

If you have the energy and time, feel free to add other cut-up fruit like watermelon, oranges and apple slices. 

Put all of your fruit into a bowl and drizzle with some honey. 

This is a low-calorie, high fibre option and, personally, one of my favourites. The honey is also a good choice for those with a sweet tooth.

1. Nut Mix

This option is so easy, filling and savoury! Grab an assortment of nuts like: 

• Walnuts
  • Peanuts
  • Almonds
  • Cashews 
  • Pistachios 

And add some pecans and dark chocolate chips for taste (psst, these are also great for regulating your blood sugar).

Drop all these items into a bowl and voila! 

1. Banana Bites

If you are someone who regularly creeps to the kitchen after bedtime, it may be a good option to have some healthy, ready-to-eat snacks at hand. This indulgent banana bite recipe is easy to make and you can just grab them from the fridge whenever needed. 

The steps are super simple. 

Grab a couple of bananas and cut them into tiny slices. On each slice, add some almond butter and crushed walnuts. Drizzle a little bit of honey or peanut butter and stick it in the fridge. Easy and ready to go!

1. Tzatziki with Veggies

Tzatziki is an amazing creamy Greek yogurt dip that you can find at most grocery stores. This, in combination with sliced cucumbers, bell peppers and carrots, is filling and good for any savoury cravings. 

This is a low-calorie option and packs a great punch of nutrients and vitamins.

1. Frozen Berry Peanut Butter Bowl

This is my absolute favourite snack. 

All you need is a pack of frozen berries, peanut butter and honey. Put all the berries into a bowl, add a couple of generous tablespoons of peanut butter and mix. After the peanut butter is distributed evenly among all the fruit, drizzle with honey. 

This snack tastes great, is filling and is unmatched compared to ice cream. 

These are just a few of the many simple combinations you can whip together when you feel hungry. I hope this small guide shows you how easy it is to take simple, healthy foods and transform them into treats you can indulge in. 

Prisha Dev

Toronto MU '25

Prisha is a journalism student who loves writing, travelling, sports, fashion and of course coffee!! She has written for numerous publications varying on many topics. Check out her Instagram for more content @prishadev