Disney Channel Songs You Need To Get Through Any (Oddly Specific) Mood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

I am a firm believer that you are never too old to feel like a kid again. Whether that be in the way you dress, the places you visit or the songs you listen to, we can all add small and nostalgic elements to our day that provide comfort and ease in our routines. 

So, why should we have to grow out of our Disney Channel days just because we’re in university now?

Not only did these shows and movies give us great content, like watching Miley Stewart live a double life as Hannah Montana, but it also gave us some catchy songs that I know I am guilty of returning to from time to time. 

Without further ado, here are some Disney Channel original songs you need to persevere through some very specific moods that only students would know. 

The “walking into a coffee shop and (casually) running into your crush” song

“Don’t Run Away” from Let It Shine

“Feelin’ Alive” from Jonas L.A.

For the—accidental—moment when you run into your classroom crush, these songs only amplify what we are all thinking about. They provide validation to your inner feelings regarding your admiration for your crush and their admiration for you.

The “studying outside with your friends, sitting in the quad and pretending to study” song 

“Dream” from Hannah Montana: The Movie

For the times when you should be studying with your friends, but the weather is just too nice and you want to enjoy your time spilling the latest news instead. This song perfectly embodies the “head in the clouds” mood.

The “feeling torn between two essay topics yet being forced to pick one” song 

“Me and You” from Let It Shine

When that struggle of trying to choose one mediocre topic over another arises, it becomes a battle of “is it going to be me and you?”

The “finding the encouragement to now start the essay” song

“Work This Out” from High School Musical 2

Kickstarting the writing process can be difficult, so knowing you can trudge through it with the cast of High School Musical 2 makes this situation a lot easier. 

high school musical 2 summer job?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Disney

The “crying and eating ice cream in bed at 3 a.m. because of a breakup” song 

“When There Was Me and You” from High School Musical

“Gotta Go My Own Way” from High School Musical 2

Sitting in your sorrows and allowing yourself to have a deep cry is not complete without the High School Musical soundtrack playing in the background. Why do you have to go through this moment alone when you can experience heartache alongside Troy Bolton and Gabriella Montez? 

The “agreeing to go out for the first time after said breakup” song 

“She’s So Gone” from Lemonade Mouth 

Just like in Lemonade Mouth, you need to embrace your main character energy and remember that you are the star of the show. What better way to do that than by singing along to this catchy tune!

The “dancing around the dorm living room with friends while waiting for your Uber” song 

“Let’s Get Crazy” from Hannah Montana: The Movie

“StarStruck” from StarStruck

When the only thing that matters in the moment is having fun with your friends and letting all your stress go, sometimes dancing it out to these upbeat songs is all you need.

The “I don’t know why I agreed to go out on a weeknight when I have an 8 a.m. class tomorrow” song 

“Can’t Stop Singing” from Teen Beach Movie

That mood when you know you shouldn’t do something, but you do it anyways, kind of like the way the characters can’t stop singing in Teen Beach Movie

Ultimately, whatever you are feeling, there is always a song that can help you through or provide some comfort. 

The moral of the story: you are never too old to listen to Hannah Montana or the Jonas Brothers. So, please use this as an excuse to add Disney Channel original songs to your playlist.

🎁 Related: 10 Gifts For The Disney Lover In Your Life
Rachel Aversa

Toronto MU '23

Rachel is a 4th-year journalism student at Toronto Metropolitan University. When she isn't studying, she enjoys baking cookies, reading romantic (and cheesy) novels, and listening to Harry Styles.