This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

My love for my diffusers is no secret. I am always raving about them and I believe they are severely underrated! Diffusers can help improve sleep, boost your immune system, reduce anxiety, eliminate odour and increase energy among many other things. Various cultures have used essential oils for medical purposes for thousands of years. Diffusers are also more cost effective in the long run when compared to candles, which are famously used in the fall. I would definitely recommend reading up on diffusers and the myriad of benefits they offer with the use of different essential oils. Diffusers and essential oils come in a range of price points from affordable options at Amazon to higher end models from Saje. My four-year-old diffuser is still going strong and is 100% worth the investment. Below, you will find three of my favourite aromatherapy essential oils for the fall time!

Sandalwood

This essential oil smells like a blend of rich, floral, soft and sweet notes with a woody undertone. Due to its renowned scent, it is used often as a base for popular perfumes and colognes like Le Labo Santal 33 Eau de Parfum and Chanel Egoiste

Cinnamon

For me, this oil brings back memories of cozy autumn days filled with pumpkin spice lattes and Gilmore Girls. Cinnamon is known for its lush scent and is linked to many health benefits, including its antibacterial properties, hair growth enhancer and mood booster. 

Lavender

Lavender is a classic essential oil that always emits a nice scent, effectively boosting your atmosphere and mood. Its aroma is fresh and floral. It always seems to remind me of refreshing summer days in the sun. This calming oil is a must-have!

Check out these amazing scents to enhance your experiences this fall. If you try any of these out, I’d love to know what you think! 

Sakina Chaudary

Toronto MU '24

Fourth year journalism student based in Toronto.