This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.
  • Lucky Lab
    • This coffee shop is a West Campus staple. They are famous for their rotating seasonal drinks & dog-friendly environment. A great spot to study or meet a friend, they also have amazing scones & pastries.
    • Tip: Try one of their seasonal sweet cream drinks
    • Locations near campus: One location in Studio 22 off Guad and one in the Ruckus 2.0 apartment building off 24th street.
  • Medici Coffee
    • Medici is just across the street from campus & if you are looking for a break from the classrooms & libraries, this cozy spot is ideal. Additionally, they have a location inside Littlefield’s that is a short 1 mile walk from West Campus. I like to grab a coffee & walk through the beautiful neighborhoods before or after class.
    • Tip: Try an iced latte or chai latte (bonus: a breakfast taco from Veracruz next door pairs well!)
    • Locations: One on Guad & one in Littlefield’s in Tarrytown
  • Civil Goat
    • Civil Goat is the perfect place for weekend mornings. The store has a beautiful, happy environment with eclectic décor. In addition to their drinks, their food is also delicious.
    • Tip: A hot or iced vanilla latte with either an acai bowl or avocado toast
    • Location: Up Guad across from Amy’s icecream
  • Epoch
    • Epoch off the north loop is open late & has spacious indoor & outdoor seating. A little bit of a drive from campus (10 minutes) but worth it! Soak up the sun on a nice day at one of their outdoor tables.
    • Tip: After your coffee, explore the thrift or record stores next door
    • Location: Up Guad near the north loop
  • Texas French Bread
    • A yummy spot for lunch along with your coffee. Their food is on the pricier end.
    • Tip: pick up one of their many types of homemade bread loaves to have at home
    • Location: On Rio Grande across from Cabo Bobs

Stay tuned for more guides to coffee shops around Austin.

Hi, I'm Madeline Muschalik! This is my fourth year in Her Campus; I wrote for Her Campus at Wake Forest University before transferring to UT in fall 2019. Last year I was the Her Campus Texas Co-President and Campus Correspondent & it was so rewarding. I am excited to explore Austin and learn more about our university through Texas Her Campus. Some of my hobbies include running, reading, yoga, and traveling! I am a Public Relations Major and with a minor in Entrepreneurship and certificate in Creative Writing. Outside of Her Campus I am involved in Texas American Marketing Association, Moody Communication Council, a member of the Kendra Scott WEL Institute Student Council, Texas Kappa Delta, and I am a Transfer Year Interest Group (TRIG) mentor. I love UT & all the amazing opportunities (like Her Campus) that it has to offer!