This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

OH, AUSTIN! One day I’m sporting shorts and having drinks on Lake Travis and the next I have on approximately 18 layers and am running to class, numb-faced, clutching my fourth scalding latte in an attempt to keep warm from the inside out.

Even the horses of Littlefield Fountain rocked winter accessories…in icicle form.

But what’s a girl to wear in the frigid air when she?s simply out of practice? I’ve been beyond excited to break out the boots, coats and scarves that I thought I’d be retiring until next November, but I can barely remember how to dress for temperatures below 70 degrees, let alone below freezing. I think I speak for all of us when I say that the few days of cold weather we got before this arctic front weren’t enough to prepare an entire arsenal of full-proof winter outfits. It’s been a hectic game of throw-on-every-item-of-clothing-on-the-bedroom-floor this week and frankly, in all our baggy-layered glory, many of us Collegiettes™ have been looking more homeless than flawless. However, there are a few lady Longhorns who got in right. In smart layers, luxe accessories, classic separates and bangin? boots, you can find them strutting around campus, looking more runway than run-down, and providing a little fashion-spiration for the rest of us.

Ginnie Lowder, junior, rocks soft and slouchy gray layers for a look that’s cozy-chic.

Ofirah Yheskael, sophomore, rocks black and white basics with a flash of fuschia.

Teel Liddell, senior, keeps her cool in the cold with sturdy brown boots, a headband and, of course, Starbucks.

Laura Quintero, sophomore, pulls together her layers with a waist-cinching brown belt while brightening up the drab day with some eye-catching orange gloves.

Faux fur looks fab on senior Danielle Burgess.

Junior Laci Long ditches drab for “Damn!” in red and leopard.

Cream and blue-gray separates come together for a seamlessly stylish look on junior Shonge Chekenyere.

Sophomore Kristin Simmons is pure attitude in a tough-luxe look with leather, fur and shades.

Bernice Chuang is a fourth year double majoring in Broadcast Journalism and Communication Studies-Human Relations and doing the Business Foundations Program (aka business minor) at the University of Texas at Austin. Born and raised in Houston, Texas, Bernice is a fan of good country music and yummy barbeque! At UT, Bernice is a resident assistant at an all-female residence hall and currently serves as a senator representing her residence hall, Kinsolving, on the Resident Assistant Association. She also leads a small group bible study for Asian American Campus Ministries and sings with her campus ministries’ a cappella group. When she’s not juggling her various roles and commitments, Bernice enjoys exploring downtown Austin, shopping with her fellow RA staff members, reading books on faith and spirituality, learning how to cook and tackling various dessert recipes, and spending quality time with friends.