rosaline romeo and juliet?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
rosaline romeo and juliet?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Photo by Moris Puccio. © 2022 20th Century Studios. All Rights Reserved.

What’s New In Pop Culture: October Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you probably get overwhelmed by all the new content that is constantly being released. Whether it’s music, television, books, or news of future projects, it can be hard to keep up, even if you’re following all the right accounts and checking your feeds daily. To help you stay up to date with the latest fall drops, here is a list of some of the most notable content new to Pop Culture this month. 

Beyond the Wand by Tom Felton

As the Wizarding World continues to expand fans still cherish the nostalgia and actors that made them fall in love with the epic saga that was Harry Potter. In his recent memoir, “Beyond the Wand” released October 13, 2022, Tom Felton lets fans in on what it was like to grow up in the spotlight. As well as addressing the hot topic of his friendship with Emma Watson. 

It Starts With Us by Colleen Hoover

The much-anticipated continuance to Collen Hoover’s “It Ends With Us” has finally arrived. Released on October 18, 2022, the book is set to pick up where the first novel ended following Lily and Atlas’s journey after their last encounter.  

Lore Olympus by Rachel Smythe

Following the great success of her Webtoons series “Lore Olympus,” which portrays a modern retelling of the love story between Hades and Persephone, Rachel Smythe has been releasing physical copies of the story in a graphic novel style. While the third volume of the series was released this month, the fourth is set to release in May. 

Joshua Bassett

October has been jampacked with new music releases including Taylor Swift’s latest album, but in the midst of all the “Midnights” mayhem, it can be hard to keep up with other artists’ releases, especially when it comes to Joshua Bassett’s recent weekly single release. Aside from a six-track EP, Bassett has released three singles over the past three weeks, which has now become the “I’m sorry” EP.

Takin’ It Back by Meghan Trainor

After roughly five years, Meghan Trainor finally released her third studio album “Takin’ It Back” on October 21, 2022. Influenced by her journey as a mother and marriage with former Spy Kid, Daryl Sabar, the new album has already found success on TikTok with the tracks “Made You Look” and “Don’t I Make It Look Easy.”

The Loneliest Time by Carly Rae Jepsen 

Completing the holy trinity of October 21, 2022 pop album releases is Carly Rae Jepsen’s sixth studio album “The Loneliest Time.” Much like Trainor, it has been a few years since Jepsen released her last album. Yet, a single from her newest album, by the same name, has already gone viral on TikTok.

The School For Good and Evil

As fans of “High School Musical The Musical The Series” patiently await season four, Sofia Wylie (Gina Porter) has given us some much-needed screen time in the new Netflix original movie “The School For Good and Evil,” based on the book series by Soman Chainani. Wylie’s performance as Agatha is compelling and shows a new side of her acting range that will surprise and captivate viewers.

Rosaline

Hulu’s latest original rom-com “Rosaline” does Shakespeare with a modern twist. Transforming the age-old tale of Romeo and Juliet into a comedic and culturally aware retelling that focuses on the relatable and defiant Rosaline instead of Romeo, engaging audiences in a new and enticing way. This refreshing iteration of a worn-down plot showcases the talents of Kaitlyn Dever as Rosaline and Sean Teale, who plays Dario in the film, aka our new favorite heartthrob.

Ilyanna Santos is an aspiring writer and journalist from Austin, Texas. She is currently studying journalism at the University of Texas at Austin and is the Marketing and Social Media Director for Shamari Realty. In her free time, she enjoys reading, writing, and having a good cup of tea.