What Your Go-To Mario Kart Character Says About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Mario Kart is one of the best games for the Nintendo Switch, especially for fun hangouts with friends. If you’re a big Mario Kart fan like me, you must have a character that you’ll always choose no matter the occasion! Unless you’re feeling a bit different that day, then you might stay loyal to the character you always choose, but the character of your choice can say a lot about your personality and how you play the game.

Mario and Luigi

The classics! If you play Mario or Luigi, you’re definitely a well rounded individual who enjoys the tried and trueness of the game! Both characters are known as the heroes, so if you play them you are chivalrous and brave through thick and thin, no matter the situation! You also enjoy being competitive all while making sure to appreciate any great challenges that come your way. You enjoy succeeding and will do whatever it takes to do well, by making sure you do it with courageousness and kindness. 

Yoshi

My go-to character! I may be a little biased towards Yoshi, but I absolutely love playing his character. Yoshi is known for being the friend that anyone can go to talk about anything, as he is a great friend to others! If you play Yoshi you’re typically seen as the cheerful, playful, and loyal one of the group. You’re also known to be the one who is always there for anyone with your willingness to help others. If you play him, you’re not overly concerned with winning, rather you’re just in it for the fun and good times with others! 

Donkey Kong

An icon! If you play Donkey Kong, you’re strong, reliable, and adventurous. You’re definitely the go-to friend that people call if they need advice or if they just want to hang out! Because you’re strong, you’re not afraid of anything and easily accept any challenges that you are faced with. Although you can be reliable, you also have a mischievous side that entertains the rest of the group! 

Boo, Dry Bones, and Shy Guy

Boo, Dry Bones, and Shy Guy are known as the overlooked characters due to them being a part of the group of antagonists in Super Mario Bros. They have appearances that make them out to be intimidating, but also have characteristics people often strive to have. If you play Boo, Dry Bones or Shy Guy, you have a dark and mysterious side, but also a competitive spirit that you don’t show. You enjoy making unpredictable moves to your opponents, but make sure to show off your resilience. Although you might have a competitive nature, you’re also very willing to work in teams and strive to motivate the rest of your teammates while succeeding!

Princess Peach and Princess Daisy

The iconic ladies of Mario Kart! These characters are known for their regal demeanors in the game and are very kind-hearted, wise, and confident with everything they do! If you play any of these characters, you’re known as the compassionate, yet confident friend. You’re the type of friend to lift the spirits of those around you and know how to cheer everyone up! You’re also known for your loyalty towards your friends and would go out of your way to do anything for them.

Toad

The absolute cutest! Toad is known for his cheerful and optimistic personality, which encourages his agility. If you play Toad, you’re a hard worker who is very fast paced, and gets work done quickly. You’re also the optimist of the group and encourage everyone around you! You’re the type of friend that everyone wants to have around, since you can easily support them and bring out your cheerful side. 

Rosalina

The character of elegance and grace! If you play Rosalina, you’re known to be very calm and wise, just like Rosalina. Although you’re more on the quiet side, you’re very organized and strategic with everything you do! Because of this, you’re known to be the mysterious, yet thoughtful one of the group that acts as the figure of guidance for the others.

Baby Characters

The daintier and adorable characters! The baby characters consist of Mario, Luigi, Rosalina, Daisy, and Peach, which are the more iconic characters of the game. If you play any of the baby characters, you might have a fondness for nostalgia and admire the younger days. You also enjoy being playful and outgoing towards others, especially when playing competitive games, due to your competitive nature! 

Bowser, Wario, and Waluigi

The iconic villains! These characters are known for their rebellious spirit and are portrayed as domineering and powerful. If you play these characters, you’re known to enjoy causing fun chaos around the group and love to win. Like the others, you’re also very competitive but not afraid to try new things, whether that be in the game or in your everyday life! 

Of course, these are just fun interpretations of most of the characters and your choice of character doesn’t necessarily define your own personality!

Sara Presas is a third year Psychology major with a minor in Business at the University of Texas at Austin and is going on her second year with Her Campus. She loves writing about pop culture, life experiences, music, and fashion. In her free time, she loves going to concerts, discovering new music, and being with friends.