Ways to make your weekends a little more relaxing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

As school is in full force once again, having a little downtime during the weekend can be really restorative. As someone with an incredibly busy schedule, getting a little time to recharge is crucial to getting prepared for the next week. Here are some of my favorite ways to relax and enjoy the weekend away from obligations:

Going for a walk near or on campus

I absolutely love listening to classical music and going for a walk early in the morning. It puts me in a good mood and positive frame of mind for the rest of the day. It’s refreshing to walk around when everything is quiet and there are no deadlines or expectations awaiting you.

Make a cup of tea

Instead of something super sugary or foamy, tea is a lovely alternative and a great study drink as well. Whether it be red zinger, peach, lemon, or any other kind, a good tea can be wonderful to sip and also can be very calming. Also- having a tea collection is such a Pinterest dream and super fun.

Read a new book!

I hate the phrase no one has time to read these days. Yes, we do. Find a novel you’ve never seen or read that book your friend has been recommending. Reading is so underrated and there are so many great books to read now. The one that I am on currently is The Testaments by Margaret Atwood and I highly recommend it.

I am a fourth year at the University of Texas at Austin. I am currently studying Asian Languages and Cultures as well as Music Performance. I love making music, doing my makeup, and exploring places to eat.