This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Now that spooky season has come to an end, it is safe to say that most of us are all focused on Christmas. I am still going to enjoy the delicious food on Thanksgiving, but let’s be real, everybody enjoys Christmas more. Even though we are barely at the beginning of November, it is never too early to start thinking of all of the festive ways you will be celebrating Christmas this year. Whether it be with friends, family, or your significant other, there are so many different ways to ‘tis the season, and this article will list some.

DECORATE CHRISTMAS COOKIES 

This activity is fun and takes up an entire night on its own. Not only is it fun getting to decorate your cookies, they also serve as a great treat. If you are the competitive type like myself, I can confirm that it is extra fun when there is competition involved. Overall, this activity is engaging and an excellent time for everybody involved. 

WEAR MATCHING CHRISTMAS PAJAMAS

I do not know the explanation for this, but wearing matching Christmas pajamas is definitely something special. You can find these anywhere whether it be in-store or online. Some examples are Old Navy, Kohl’s, Burlington, Tj Max, and Amazon. Make sure to get a picture whether it be for your socials or for your own personal memories. Regardless, it is a cute activity that is worth remembering (chances are, it will become a tradition). 

BINGE-WATCH CHRISTMAS MOVIES

This can go perfectly with the one above. Imagine wearing matching pajamas, making some hot chocolate, and getting comfortable as you prepare to watch all of your favorite Christmas movies. Sounds ideal to me! Just don’t forget to add one of the Home Alone movies to your options.

WATCH A LIGHT SHOW

There are two options depending on what your city has available. One option is a drive-through light show where you can watch the light fixtures from the comfort of your own vehicle, and another option is to go walk through the lights and see them up close and personal. Christmas lights are significant to the season and bring out so much joy, so seeing them is always a good idea. 

GIFT EXCHANGE

Whoever it is with, a gift exchange is always a great idea. This does not mean buying super expensive gifts for everybody (unless you want to, of course), but it does mean showing your love through a gift while also spreading the holiday cheer. You can also add a price range that fits everybody’s budget and that way the gifts are equal.

Decorate your living space

The best way to be able to truly feel the Christmas spirit is by decorating your living space. You can do this by adding a Christmas tree of any size, matching the infamous Christmas colors, and maybe even throwing in an elf or reindeer somewhere. Whatever your aesthetic may be, there are many ways to decorate for Christmas that will match your style.

These are six of the many examples of how I get into the Christmas spirit each year. Given that I do each of these annually, I can confirm that they are worth trying if you haven’t already. Christmas is one of the best times of the year, so make sure you spend it with the ones you love most and try out some (if not all) of these activities! 

Communication and Leadership major @ The University of Texas ‘25 Living, Learning, and Growing 🤍