This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Quarantine has been the dominating aspect of most of our lives for about seven months now. With that said, it’s easy to believe that you’ve already seen all the movies and shows worth watching, and there’s nothing left to do but lie in bed, aimlessly scrolling through your social media feeds. I’m here to tell you, you’re wrong! Some of the best shows I’ve ever watched have gotten little to no coverage; it’s truly a tragedy that I’m trying to fix! Below you’ll find a list I’ve compiled of just a few of these wonderful shows that deserve more attention.

Timeless (2016-2018)

Timeless chronicles the journey of three strangers, Lucy, a history professor, Wyatt, a soldier, and Rufus, a computer scientist, as they team up against a mysterious and dangerous group named Rittenhouse, that travels through time in an attempt to negatively rewrite crucial moments in history. This may be the most underappreciated show of all time. The beauty of this show lies within the history it chose to present to its viewers. It’s not just the history we learned in school. It skillfully depicts some of the most influential and interesting people that many textbooks, unfortunately, do not include. I learned so much from this show, and I truly can not recommend it enough. (It also has an incredible romance and a stellar female lead. What else could you want?). Timeless can be streamed on Hulu.

Grimm (2011-2017)

Nick Burkhardt is a detective in Portland when one day he discovers he’s descended from a long line of supernatural warriors called Grimms. He defends the city from various magical creatures, all of which are inspired by The Brothers Grimm fairy tales. I recently began rewatching this series, and I was pleasantly surprised to find it was just as incredible as I had remembered. If you like Supernatural or Criminal Minds, this is basically a mash-up of both, and it’s just phenomenal. Grimm can be found on Amazon Prime and for free on Google Play Movies & TV.

White Collar (2009-2014)

This series begins with high end con artist, Neal Caffrey, escaping from prison. When an FBI agent ultimately catches him, he’s offered a deal in which he gains his freedom, but is required to become a consultant to the FBI’s White Collar crime unit. Caffrey’s insights into the world of crime become an invaluable resource to Peter Burke, the FBI agent who initially caught him, and they eventually form a deep bond and friendship. Although this series had a great run, I feel as though nobody talks about it? Neal and Peter’s friendship is so fun to watch on screen! Not to mention, this show had one of the best finales I’ve ever seen. It managed to beautifully wrap up each character’s storylines while still giving the viewer a sense of hope and satisfaction. White Collar can be found on Hulu and for free on Amazon Prime.

Skam (2015-2017)

Skam is a Norwegian teen drama web series that follows various students as they navigate high school. It was hugely popular in certain corners of the internet as it aired, which I’m convinced is due to how the series was so incredibly interactive with its viewers. For example, each character had their own Instagram accounts, and any new clips, episodes, or posts were broadcasted in real-time. Aside from how cool that aspect of the show is, the acting, storylines, and most importantly, the wardrobe of many of the main characters were consistently phenomenal. If you’re nervous about subtitles, don’t be. As Parasite director, Bong Joon-ho, said, “Once you overcome the 1-inch tall barrier of subtitles, you will be introduced to so many more amazing films.” (And TV shows!) 

Hello! I'm currently studying Advertising at the University of Texas at Austin. In my free time, I'm constantly baking, listening to true crime podcasts, and spending time with my family. Connect with me on IG: www.instagram.com/unorachel
Hi, I'm Madeline Muschalik! This is my fourth year in Her Campus; I wrote for Her Campus at Wake Forest University before transferring to UT in fall 2019. Last year I was the Her Campus Texas Co-President and Campus Correspondent & it was so rewarding. I am excited to explore Austin and learn more about our university through Texas Her Campus. Some of my hobbies include running, reading, yoga, and traveling! I am a Public Relations Major and with a minor in Entrepreneurship and certificate in Creative Writing. Outside of Her Campus I am involved in Texas American Marketing Association, Moody Communication Council, a member of the Kendra Scott WEL Institute Student Council, Texas Kappa Delta, and I am a Transfer Year Interest Group (TRIG) mentor. I love UT & all the amazing opportunities (like Her Campus) that it has to offer!